Questions

Options
Hi! I'm new to the site and I have a couple of silly questions. :blushing:
*First of all, when entering the exercise of 'walking' and 'stairs', it asks for 'how long'. Is that the number of stairs or how many minutes you walked up & down the stairs? :huh:
*Next, if I make my own tuna sandwich (ya know, with light miracle whip & relish) do I enter all the ingredients seperately or do I enter 'tuna salad'? :embarassed:
*Also, if I am breastfeeding, do I need to change the way any of my information is entered? I have to eat more calories than if I wasn't to ensure the baby is getting the nutrition she needs. :frown:
*Finally, am I even posting this right so I can get the answers I need?? :tongue:

Thanks!

Replies

• acoker
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the site and I have a couple of silly questions. :blushing:
    *First of all, when entering the exercise of 'walking' and 'stairs', it asks for 'how long'. Is that the number of stairs or how many minutes you walked up & down the stairs? :huh:
    *Next, if I make my own tuna sandwich (ya know, with light miracle whip & relish) do I enter all the ingredients seperately or do I enter 'tuna salad'? :embarassed:
    *Also, if I am breastfeeding, do I need to change the way any of my information is entered? I have to eat more calories than if I wasn't to ensure the baby is getting the nutrition she needs. :frown:
    *Finally, am I even posting this right so I can get the answers I need?? :tongue:

Thanks!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello and welcome:flowerforyou: As for the exercise...it's how many minutes. When I log my own food such as a chicken salad sandwich, I add the calories, protein, sodium, etc. up and get one total for all the different items that are going into my sandwich. Then I enter my food as "Chicken Salad Sandwich and enter the total calories, protein, sodium, etc. for all the ingredients.

I'm not sure about the breastfeeding part but there are plenty of mom's on here who will probably answer that later on.

Hope this helps.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!:flowerforyou:

I do the same thing with logging my calories. Just add everything up and enter it as one lump sum here. It's easier that way and you can save your food so you don't have to re-enter if every time you make something yourself. That would get tiring and I'd probably lose motivation to do it.

I'm also not sure about the breastfeeding aspect. I'm sure someone else could answer that better than I could.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    about the breastfeeding, I would talk to your doctor to see how many calories it is safe for you to consume, and then manually change your numbers here at MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    from what my dr told me you add an extra 200 cals to your diet.
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    An easy way to put together your sandwich components here is to pick meal...with nothing else added yet. Then add Tuna, then Mayo, then relish, and your bread...once all entered...then save it as a meal called Tuna Sandwich. If you do it that way, you have the nutrient calculations done here for you and you can simply choose Tuna Sandwich the next time...did it with Omelettes, Smoothies, vitamin groups (A, C, D, Multi, CoQ10)

And yes...you did it the right way to get answers!
  • jawaria
    Options
    200 extra calories if ur breastfeeding...
  • acoker
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. If you don't mind, I have a couple more questions... :happy:
    *when you enter push ups, are you suppose to enter your weight as the weight it lists?
    *how do you ask someone to 'be your friend'- my friend figured it out, but the way she told me didn't work.
    I think that's all for now. I'm kinda learning everything slowly, but this site has REALLY helped me with watching what I eat! I can't wait to start seeing some results!
    Thanks for your input! :flowerforyou: