how many calories should i burn

Options
just wondering if i am burning enough calories. i cked my reports and it had been anywhere from 200 to 700 a day. is this enough??? i am set to consume 1200 a day and i have yet to eat my exercise calories. i lost 5 pounds my first week and am at a stand still....i know 5 in a week was a lot but it was right after t-giving so i am sure it was mostly turkey and mashed potatoes.:huh: i would like to lose another 2 pounds before my weigh in on Monday. should i be burning more or am i ok???thanks in advance for any help.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Replies

• amccarville
    Options
    just wondering if i am burning enough calories. i cked my reports and it had been anywhere from 200 to 700 a day. is this enough??? i am set to consume 1200 a day and i have yet to eat my exercise calories. i lost 5 pounds my first week and am at a stand still....i know 5 in a week was a lot but it was right after t-giving so i am sure it was mostly turkey and mashed potatoes.:huh: i would like to lose another 2 pounds before my weigh in on Monday. should i be burning more or am i ok???thanks in advance for any help.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You might want to read some of the posts for newbies.

Your weight loss depends on your caloric restriction not necessarily the exercise.
    When you signed up you were asked how much you wanted to lose and a calorie deficit was made based on metabolic activity. If you put you exercised 5 times a week when they asked you how active you were, don't log the exercise. If you put you were sedentary log the exercise and eat the calories. As a general rule make sure your deficit (exercise and calorie cutting) is not more than a thousand.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo