Should I eat back the calories?

I'm currently eating about 1500-1600 calories a day (breastfeeding also) and burning about 600 from exercise. Should i be eating all of these back or not? I've lost 10lbs and trying for 4 more but I seem to have stalled.

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    yes.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Not all, but some. I read a while ago it's okay to leave about 500 calories banked at the end of the day, but not more then that. :)
  • agree w the some not all and i think you'll find you won't stall anymore!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I think you should eat them all back while you are breastfeeding.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    I would normally say no, don't eat them....but since you are nursing....your body needs the calories to make milk. How is your milk supply? I ate like crazy while nursing and was able to lose weight quite easily....it was when I quit nursing is when mine stalled!! I do not eat back my exercise calories normally......but nursing calories is a different story!!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Definitely eat them back, especially if you're not counting bf'ing in with your exercise. Bf'ing burns a TON of calories.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    this is a topic that some of us are going to give our opinions on but we really shouldn't.

talk to a professional! I did. They told me not to. but since you're nursing that's a whole other ball game!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    i drink mine back. "will run for beer"

:P
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    yes yes yes eat them all of them! I am breast feeeding and eating around 2000 cal a day and have lost all of my baby weight this way.
  • lalalazzz
    yes yes yes eat them all of them! I am breast feeeding and eating around 2000 cal a day and have lost all of my baby weight this way. You are burning near 500 calories a day just by breast feeding!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Everything you need to know is here.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
  • Jonalee1977
    Here's some info from one of my favorite sites while I was nursing my two kidlets:

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-calories-fluids.html
  • lalalazzz
    this is a topic that some of us are going to give our opinions on but we really shouldn't.

talk to a professional! I did. They told me not to. but since you're nursing that's a whole other ball game!

This professional probably does not know the way MFP works and that a deficit is already created by the program, so exercise calories MUST be eaten back.
  • lalalazzz
    Here's some info from one of my favorite sites while I was nursing my two kidlets:

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-calories-fluids.html

Great info kellymom is the best
  • Jonalee1977
    Thanks! :smile:
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    I think you should eat them all back while you are breastfeeding.
    heck yeah!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    yes yes yes eat them all of them! I am breast feeeding and eating around 2000 cal a day and have lost all of my baby weight this way. You are burning near 500 calories a day just by breast feeding!
    and i have to say you look great
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Yes, especially if you are breast feeding!