depresseddddd

Options
:( i am over 1000 calories more than im suppose to have. no im afraid i've gained weight because i went out to dinner tonight. no more chicken parm meals for me!

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    :( i am over 1000 calories more than im suppose to have. no im afraid i've gained weight because i went out to dinner tonight. no more chicken parm meals for me!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    One meal will not cause you to instantly gain weight....and that's the good thing. It takes 3500 calories over what you burn to equal 1 lb. One bad meal will not make or break you. If that were the case I would be in serious trouble.

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    that that mean on our meal plan that if i was -3500 calories i would gain a pound? so how many less calories do i have to eat to lose? im so confused lol
  • HustleRose
    Options
    This site already calculates a deficit for you, so when you eat your goal, you're already 500-1000 calories less than you would need to eat to MAINTAIN your weight, depending on what goal you told it when you signed up. So in order to gain one pound you'd have to be like, -40 000 or -45 000 at the end of the day. Which is why it's kind of ridiculous to get depressed over one meal. I seriously doubt you ate like 50 000 calories in a meal.

In order to lose, you don't have to do anything except eat how much it tells you each day (not less).
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    This site already calculates a deficit for you, so when you eat your goal, you're already 500-1000 calories less than you would need to eat to MAINTAIN your weight, depending on what goal you told it when you signed up. So in order to gain one pound you'd have to be like, -40 000 or -45 000 at the end of the day. Which is why it's kind of ridiculous to get depressed over one meal. I seriously doubt you ate like 50 000 calories in a meal.

In order to lose, you don't have to do anything except eat how much it tells you each day (not less).

I think you added extra zeros to the end.

4000 or 4500 calories over would lead to gaining a pound. Thats a whole lot of chicken parm!

Try next time to pick something on the menu that is not fried or made with cheese on it. Thats where a lot of those calories come from.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    wow. i can not believe how oblivous i am. i never even realized that. thanks so much!

that makes me feel so much better lol. :smile:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Hey lobster...here's some good threads for you to read through if you haven't done so already.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Lol, woah, yeah, what was I doing there? Fifty thousand calories in one meal. :laugh:

Yeah, I meant 5000, obviously. But the point still stands. Five thousand in one meal?

(I almost typed 50 000 again, maybe for the future I should just type out the words.:tongue: )
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    that you so much for the sites!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    that you so much for the sites!

You are very welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I feel depresseddddd too because I didn't work out yesterday and had eaten 2300 cals and couldn't bring myself to workout today because it's just before that tom and the classes I could make have lame-o teachers and I forgot my ipod so I said forget it and went back downstairs and out to my car, yes I was there and left (I know, excuses excuses excuses). I may go over my 1200 today by a couple hundred but whatever because I should eat 1400 a day anyway. 1200 too low. Ugh. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm running an 8K on Sunday. I know I haven't blown it or anything just yet but I did so much better over the summer when I had more time off work to be really really good and exercising and eating well. This is tough.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    tell me about it :( but hey your doing an amazing job :) over 20 pounds lost that amazing! i would love that
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

well if you really like a certain food when eating out ...keep in mind you can always have them bring you a take out container right from the getgo and halve your meal right then and there...and place the rest in a take home container for another day.....

Or if the meal is large which most eat out places serve....share with a friend!:flowerforyou:

But hey lessons learned right?:drinker:
  • gege
    gege Posts: 4
    Options
    One cheat meal is not going to ruin your whole plan. It is just a mindset. You can choose to admit you are human, and like all of us, you fall off the horse BUT you need to jump right back on tomorrow morning. Don't sabatoge all your hard work. If you ever have to go out to eat either make healthy choices or order chicken parmesan BUT onlu eat half and ask for the sauce on the side. Have a dinner salad, no cheese, with lemon wedges beforehand to somewhat fill you up before the entree.
    Try not to get in the habit of rewarding yourself with food. Get a spa treatment, new piece of clothing. You go girl.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I feel depresseddddd too because I didn't work out yesterday and had eaten 2300 cals and couldn't bring myself to workout today because it's just before that tom and the classes I could make have lame-o teachers and I forgot my ipod so I said forget it and went back downstairs and out to my car, yes I was there and left (I know, excuses excuses excuses). I may go over my 1200 today by a couple hundred but whatever because I should eat 1400 a day anyway. 1200 too low. Ugh. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm running an 8K on Sunday. I know I haven't blown it or anything just yet but I did so much better over the summer when I had more time off work to be really really good and exercising and eating well. This is tough.

I started the pill a couple of months ago because of the pains during that time of the month and Im hoping this month is going to go a lot smoother than the last 4 because it took be two weeks to get back into workout mode after TOM. Way to go on the run. WOW I want to be able to do that someday. My goal is to find out my max. heart rate before a seizure so I can hopefully start running this summer.