This pretty much sums it up

Options
http://glamaphonic.tumblr.com/post/9058111059/im-getting-pretty-****ing-sick-of-the-myth-that

^ THIS

THIS RIGHT HERE.

It sums everything up that every overweight person feels at one point in their lives. I know I can honestly relate to this post, and the post itself is making me feel better about myself!

Replies

• Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    great read! i agree i think for most people we have to love our bodies before we start treating them better.
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm so glad someone addressed this issue, because it is serious... I mean, I felt horrible in middle school/9th grade/10th grade because of fat shamers and people who "hated fat people" It really broke me down. and then I see people supporting fat positive blogs and other things, then there are few that are all like "RAWR DONT SUPPORT THEM THEY WILL GET BIGGER THATS DISGUSTING" kind of thing -___- annoys the crap out of me. Makes me want to give up honestly....
  • Cbogaski
    Options
    Very true, if you don't love your self how can anyone else love us..I am on the path of learning this now. What ever the goal we CAN do it....lost 23 lbs and still have a lot to lose...:ohwell:
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    related to that, I have an incredibly skinny friend, she eats, but she burns a lot!!!! People tell her all the time "you're so skinny, are you ok? look how skinny you are!! what size are you, like a 0?!". Once day she got tired of it and said "Why is it ok to say this to skinny people and not to fat ones? I don't hear anybody saying "You're so fat, are you ok? Look how fat you are! what size are you, like 300?"". Left everyone speechless :))))))))))))
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    related to that, I have an incredibly skinny friend, she eats, but she burns a lot!!!! People tell her all the time "you're so skinny, are you ok? look how skinny you are!! what size are you, like a 0?!". Once day she got tired of it and said "Why is it ok to say this to skinny people and not to fat ones? I don't hear anybody saying "You're so fat, are you ok? Look how fat you are! what size are you, like 300?"". Left everyone speechless :))))))))))))

Yepp. I know a friend like this! Being skinny or fat doesnt mean youre unhealthy nessicarily! Its just bones 'look' unhealthier compared to chub. Unless you have a LOT of chub. Either way weight descrimination sucks.