Hi Everyone!

Options
My husband joined this because our doctor recommended it and I was pretty impressed with the site so I have decided to use it to help me in my weight loss journey as well. I quit smoking four years ago and packed on 70 pounds! I have terrible eating habits and don't like vegetables so I know this is going to be difficult. I feel quitting smoking was easier because I just cut the cigarettes out of my life completely. I can't just cut eating our my life. I am unhappy with the way I look and I need to do something about it. I feel I have set realistic goals and I hope I can stick to them. I am an emotional eater so I have to find ways to deal with that. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I also hate vegetables. I have never eaten them. Not even as a child. The most important thing to me was food portions. Only eat the recomended portion size. And when you go out to eat only eat half of your meal. Most places give you more than a normal portion because they want you to feel like you are getting your moneys worth. Take half of your meal home and eat it later as another meal.

I still have not eaten vegetables. I try to eat plenty of fruit to make up for no veggies. I also take a good multi vitamin and get lots of exercise.

Good luck.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    im a fussy eater, no fruit no veg and im slowly losing, its about portions and cutting out the real junk. Good luck!
  • marytine
    Options
    Thanks! I have been adding fruit to my morning meal and I need to add it to my lunch or as a snack too. How often do you think I should weigh in? Once a week? I weigh myself every morning but I haven't reported anything on my profile yet.
  • TERESAGBS
    TERESAGBS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exercise, just simple exercise at first like walking will help you feel much better about yourself. I chew gum, low calorie. I eat all day long but eat low cal stuff. sunflower seeds are good for something to munch on, i eat a carrot or celery or anything just to keep me from feeling neglected......and also to keep me from being starving & eating something bad!! Good luck. Stay motivated!
  • marytine
    Options
    LESLTURN8 Wow! I am so impressed with your weight loss. You are an inspiration.
  • TERESAGBS
    Options
    i weigh in every time I lose. I only get on the scale every 2 or 3 days.
  • TERESAGBS
    Options
    Well, you can still eat when you feel like eating but just eat healthy stuff.....low calorie stuff.....I keep almonds & sunflower seeds on my desk.....it keeps me occupied and not in the snack machines at work.....if you can tolerate baby carrots or anything like that if it's crunchy, it seems to help.....After the first couple of weeks, those cravings get easier to deal with......try fruit snacks also....apple, cut into pieces and you feel like you are getting more food....
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi - i joined about 3 weeks ago now and then my husband decided to join. Its more fun when you have someone to share with. The thing i noticed about MFP was that it really made me plan my food for the day and watch my overall carories. Also good for helping to establish a firm link between food and exercise. I am a great fan now and the support of the other member sis amazing.