Trying to get pregnant with PCOS.

Options
Hi All,
I am 33 yrs old and have PCOS. I have one daughter who is almost 4 now who was conceived after several months of using birth control to get regular. I feel my biological clock ticking with so much weight to lose (100+) and at my age. I'm afraid to wait too long and increase my risks. I was wondering if others have found themselves in this predicament and whether or not they found a solution that worked for them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Replies

• rainbowbrite98
    Options
    I do not have PCOS, but I am also overweight and TTC. I need to lose 100 pounds to get in the healthy range. I feel for you. I want a baby so bad it hurts some days. :( Seeing AF arriving every month after trying tears me up inside. Baby dust and good thoughts to you.
  • ReinoGirl
    Options
    Hey there! I do have PCOS and I just lost 51 lbs and found out that I am newly pregnant. I noticed with the weight loss that my cycles were getting closer in days per cycle. I would have cycles anywhere from 45-60 days. The last 3 months when I was about half way through my weight loss I was noticing my cycles were more accurate each month between 33-35 days each month. When I was previously married I was very heavy trying to get pregnant and we were never successful. When I met my current husband I had lost 85 lbs and we got pregnant right away within our marriage. I am a true believer that for myself that losing the weight is a great promise in helping your success of having another child. I know its hard, but I finally became so determined that I wanted another child. I am 35 and my daughter is 5, so I know what you are going through. Try to really focus on losing the weight one day at a time and you will be successful. Set up small goals that will get you to the big goal.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to talk more! jessireineman@gmail.com

Jessi
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are looking to start TTC in November and I've been doing a ton of research. I've read the BMI range of 22-28 is best for conception. I've also read many stories of women losing weight and suddenly being able to get pregnant after months of trying.

I would use your concern about your weight and age as motivation to lose the weight. You can do it! It will make getting pregnant easier and also you and the baby will be healthier. Also, try not to stress over your age as many women have children around your age and even with the increased risk the technologies we have today it is possible to have a healthy baby. Stressing will only make conceiving harder!

Good luck ladies!
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 41--and have PCOS. I am also a mother of 3--(just had my daughter 3 months ago) and was in the 260's when I got pregnant with all three of my children. I share all that to say that you can have successful pregnancies starting in your late 30's -w/PCOS and being obese. I did not have my first daughter until I was 37. All three of my pregnancies were wonderful and I was actually at my lowest weight with each of them due to the morning sickness and still ended my 9 months with a weight that was under my starting pregnancy weight. Though I do have PCOS--my OB has asked me to have a HSG done and that determined that I also had a small blockage in one of my tubes. After trying to get pregnant for over 6 years...we were able to concieve a month after the blockage was discovered. with the HSG.

I have lost 22 pounds on MFP and I have alot more to lose. I am not advocating obesity and pregnancy by any means--but I did want to encourage you that you can be significantly overweight w/ PCOS and still have wonderfully uneventful pregnancies--resulting in healthy babies. :)

Wishing you well in the growing of your family!

Please feel free to friend me if you are looking for support!
  • Ameyaw
    Ameyaw Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, Im soo stressed out. My husband and I are trying to concieve. I had a miscarriage and since then its been hard. my gyno just reported back to me im not ovulating as much as i should since im overweight , so as of this week im taking lots of pills.... Im taking something to enduce my period, im taking something light dose for thyroid to regulate my ovulation and im on metformin. I am overweight but its just sioo hard to loose weight. I work out lots and I am pretty active....... I feel helpless and this is something my husband wants soo much. Im in my early 20s. When i got pregnant the first time i had just lost 45 pounds that month and BAM! Pregnant, but gained all that weight back and misscarried. Do you have any tips for me to concieve being overweight and dealing with PCOS ? thanks so much