So, my 4-year-old asked my friend if she was pregnant.

Options
2»

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Time to beat your child!!!

No. 1: Sarcasum doesn't really work that well over the internet (sorry, :indifferent:) .

No. 2: I agree with you only if the child was older. They won't understand what they did at this age. Just pull them aside and try to explain about what is right to say and what is wrong to say.

(But if they where older it would be SPANKING time! :devil:)

(Note: all forms of child abuse are horrible and all talk of it in this post is joking [and I shouldn't even be joking about it!])
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was at a Weight Watchers meeting once and a man gave my son (he was around 4) a Tootsie Roll. I asked him if he said 'thank you' and he said (felt like he screamed it) "to the big fat man? OK!". At least he went over and said 'thank you', I guess.

Mortifying, I feel for you!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's worse. That, or kids asking 'but how do they have a baby if they arent married'

live.laugh.love.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    4 year olds have no filter when it comes to things like that. Mine is the same way. My sister, who IS 8 months pregnant was visiting and my 4 year old daughter comes up to us and says to her Aunt " Your fat! Like my Mommy!" We explained to her that was not a very polite comment and that her Aunt was in fact pregnant. It hurt my feelings more than my sisters, but she'll learn and the filter will get there eventually (hopefully).
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OMG!!My daughter did the same thing at walmart the other day... there's this husband and wife that are extremeley overweight and use the electric scooter hoverround things... well the other day we were walking around grabbing food for dinner and she says to me really loud "MOMMY, WHY ARE THOSE FAT PEOPLE RIDING SCOOTERS IN THE STORE".... I wanted to crawl under the the vegetable rack and die!! I felt soo terribly bad for those people, because I dont know what got them that way, maybe its medical, maybe its bad habits...

Out of the mouth of babes...