Bipolar anyone????

Options
I think I may be somewhat Bipolar. If so I'm sure this would effect my exercise/weight loss plan. Anyone here Bipolar??? I would never take medication unless it was a severe condition.

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    why do you think you have bipolar disorder?

yes, it is a severe condition.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    There are mild versions of Bipolar Disorder. I have severe highs and lows. Days where i'm so happy, energetic etc followed by severe depression (can't get out of bed)
  • Jc_1324
    Jc_1324 Posts: 29
    Options
    It May effect you being, that you may be not in the mood for it at times, i was similar with when i went through an episode of depression, but the thing is as long as you can push yourself to work out, it wont matter to much

As long as you keep to your plan, of exercise and watching the food you eat, everything should be fine , best of luck
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think I may be somewhat Bipolar. If so I'm sure this would effect my exercise/weight loss plan. Anyone here Bipolar??? I would never take medication unless it was a severe condition.

If you're questioning your mental health a doctor would be better to ask rather than the random people of MFP.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    Thank you JC, That's what I'm trying to do
  • Bmoviemama
    Options

If you're questioning your mental health a doctor would be better to ask rather than the random people of MFP.

ummm ok, took a *****y pill today perhaps
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    sometimes people assume i have bipolar.

i have days like today where i couldnt see the point in getting out of bed.. so i slept until 5.. i didnt see the point of then doing anything so i just lied in bed all day wondering whats the point in me even being alive. and now its 5am and im sat here wondering if i have even reason to live, and wondering what normal people live for.

Other days il be so hypo and energetic and excited il frighten people. And il just want to get up and go out, out, out!

Maybe i need some anti-depressents. Feel so bumbed right now just wantt o plunge my head into a jar of nutella.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    I'm a nurse and just asking out of curiosity. I know the best person to ask is an MD.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    sometimes people assume i have bipolar.

i have days like today where i couldnt see the point in getting out of bed.. so i slept until 5.. i didnt see the point of then doing anything so i just lied in bed all day wondering whats the point in me even being alive. and now its 5am and im sat here wondering if i have even reason to live, and wondering what normal people live for.

Other days il be so hypo and energetic and excited il frighten people. And il just want to get up and go out, out, out!

Maybe i need some anti-depressents. Feel so bumbed right now just wantt o plunge my head into a jar of nutella.

I know that feeling well. I was a full-time Hospice nurse and decided to take a break seeing as how difficult that job was. Now I'm home until school starts next week and I've been feeling pretty down, having to force myself to exercise.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options

ummm ok, took a *****y pill today perhaps
    whatisyourproblem.gif
  • BreezyDays
    BreezyDays Posts: 292
    Options
    The condition itself will not affect weight loss unless you spend your time not exercising and eating wrong. Now the medications given can hinder it because some will cause weight gain and you have to fight against it. That is when you have to work on finding the right one. Even some meds for general depression can cause weight gain but some can cause weight loss.

I understand you are a nurse but you cant be somewhat bipolar, know what I mean? You either are or you arent, there really is no in between and if you have it there is no such thing as normal. There so much more to it than just being depressed, overly happy or moody. Apparently though they now have have diagnosis for that (Cyclothymia), never use to. If you are constantly depressed then it may not be BPD, it could be just depression. You know what you need to do to feel better and I hope you find that.
    Sunshine and vitamin D might help you feel a little better.
  • sarah307
    Options
    I cannot continue to read this. :(
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    yes and i also have ptsd,anxiety attacks and depression.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    yes and i also have ptsd,anxiety attacks and depression.

How do you deal with it???? I have started using Yoga and mediation over the weekend and find that it seems to help my mood :)
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have bipolar disorder, and exercising has actually helped my moods quite a bit.
    Bipolar is a serious and life-long disorder.

I would talk to an MD about it.
  • sarah307
    Options
    I have bipolar disorder, and exercising has actually helped my moods quite a bit.
    Bipolar is a serious and life-long disorder.

I would talk to an MD about it.

Agreed.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The older I get the more I think everybody is bipolar to some extent.
  • readyforchange
    readyforchange Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am seriously starting to rethink MY FITNESS PAL.... Some of these posts seem like a cry for attention... IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.