Roller Derby Training Camp..need advice

Options
I have Roller Derby Bank Track Training Boot Camp Saturday & Sunday.
We Train on & off skates 9 to 12 & 1 to 4...
I personally have never trained this long, so my question is what food should I be eating before, during & after?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mandalynn304
    Mandalynn304 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow thats Awesome, Id love to find that near by my area.
  • FlamBabe
    FlamBabe Posts: 12
    Options
    Where do you live? Roller Derby is gaining popularity!
  • Mandalynn304
    Mandalynn304 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I live in the Winchester Va area.
  • vellacraptor
    Options
    I loovvee roller derby. <3
    I want to do the training camp for the team in my area next year.

But yes make sure you eat! Some sort of food high in protein...maybe drink a protein shake or have some fruits and veggies. I also used to eat an egg or two.
    But make sure you eat a good hour or two before training! Eat too close and you'll get a stomach ache; eat too far back though you'll faint. :(
    At least, that's what my captain on my old team told me. I made the mistake of eating 6 hours before training, haha.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    I loovvee roller derby. <3
    I want to do the training camp for the team in my area next year.

But yes make sure you eat! Some sort of food high in protein...maybe drink a protein shake or have some fruits and veggies. I also used to eat an egg or two.
    But make sure you eat a good hour or two before training! Eat too close and you'll get a stomach ache; eat too far back though you'll faint. :(
    At least, that's what my captain on my old team told me. I made the mistake of eating 6 hours before training, haha.

agreed... but also I have heard that you want to eat more carbs before working out and then protein after working out... this applys to most types of work out.

I skate with the Snake Pit Derby Dames in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho I am a Brass Knuckle Brawler
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    To find a league near you: http://derbyroster.com/

How did the camp go??? Sunday is our last day of boot camp, then we have assessments next weekend! Eek! :)

Derbylove to all <3

P.S. Chocolate milk is the best recovery drink EVAR (in my opinion)! It has the "ideal ratio" of protein to carbs. There have been many studies done on it, check it out! But yes, carbs (and a little protein) before the workout and more protein after for muscle recovery. I have also found that magnesium supplements help too! My massage therapist recommended them for additional muscle recovery. :)
  • FlamBabe
    FlamBabe Posts: 12
    Options
    It was Fast Girl University Bank Track training.
    2 days with (my derby crush) Carmen Getsome & Wile E Peyote
    10 hours of skating & 2 hours of running drills.
    I hurt for 2 days after but learned so so much!!
    If you can attend any of there training's I would suggest to do so, you will learn tons & improve your game:)
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Please view and bookmark the following blog to participate in exercise challenges...
    we will reply in the comments section as an easy way for people to communicate :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TeamDerbyLife