Protien or Whey for women?

Options
Can people tell me which they use and worked? I get so many mixed answers online ... or people pushing their own products. Drives me nutters!

Replies

• jomusichn
    Options
    Whey isolate.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Ok I've seen a lot of sarcasm lately so while I'm not entirely sure I'm not being duped, I'm gonna go with "whey is protein, so I don't really understand the question"
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh that was my bad ... soy or whey .. for protein shakes... I'm out of it! sorrry
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I only use whey protein. :)
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Oh ok. :-) in that case it doesn't really matter. Protein is protein. Some people like soy, and argue that it's superior in every way from whey. And some people like whey, or hemp, or no supplements just eat 5 lbs of chicken breasts a day, or any number of things. But just like most things in life there is no right answer. Find one that you like the taste of and use it to supplement your protein intake and you'll be just fine.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I don't see how soy can be superior since it has less amino acids than whey.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I never found a protein shake I liked :/ I like the luna bars, they have protein and they have protein bars with alittle more protein. Sometimes I have one for breakfast or after a tough work out. They're all good, haven't had one I didn't like. They're marketed towards women as they have a different formulation of vitamins or something. I dunno, I just think they're good. They are owned by the cliff brand
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What i know is whey protein isolate is much better than any other protein , soy or whey protein.
  • missa1982
    Options
    I did loads of research before I purchased mine and agree that 'whey isolate' is the best.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Women are people too! They can have the same shakes as men!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i have hemp protien but thats due to allergies, although hemp does have the added benefit of having loads of omega 3 & 6. The only thing is getting past the unattractive colour. I think it's totally up to you, read the labels, make the comparisons every brand will be different.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I researched this topic to death, and FINALLY chose from BlueBonnet whey protein isolate and Mercola whole whey Protein poweders and use those as a base for my protein shakes.

Here's what I found is important in shopping for your protein shakes:
    - No sugar
    - No artificial sugars
    - Whey from Grass Fed beef sources because you get CLA, important for releasing triglycerides from fat cells
    - No crap hormones or antibiotics - Grass Fed and organic sources will not have this
    - Cold Processing of the Whey to keep the glutamate and aminos in best shape for absorption

I then use peanut or almond butter and cocoa powder to make an awesome chocolate shake. Or fresh ginger, tumeric and peaches (Rocco diSpirito has several great smoothie recipes!), or just blueberries and greek yogurt. All yummy with ice and water in the blender!