Is your Polar Wearlink strap giving you Grief?

Options

Replies

• dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    No problems with mine at all and I have worn it everyday for the past nine months. I just ordered a second strap (smaller) :happy:
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oh I've had this issue in the past couple of days. It would either give me 00 or over 200 and then it would say check the transmitter. And I tried washing it also.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Oh I've had this issue in the past couple of days. It would either give me 00 or over 200 and then it would say check the transmitter. And I tried washing it also.

I posted a thread on this a few days ago, but soak the strap in baking soda/water mix, and then wash the strap.

Sometimes all the salt deposits from our sweat do not get washed away in a regular washing.. and then it causes the reading to go absolutely batty. My trainer told me that would help my strap and it has.. It only went batty once during my session today instead of the entire time!
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    Hand wash the wearlink in warm water and some liquid hand soap after every use, problem solved.
  • kkester63
    kkester63 Posts: 28
    Options
    bump
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    I ordered an extra strap so I can alternate because I use the HRM daily. I wash the strap after every use with a little Woolite and hang it dry and I've never had a problem.
  • jojo4cats
    jojo4cats Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks, I will give it a try.
  • brewitzer
    brewitzer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this link! I was getting so frustrated with mine consistantly going to 00 then jumping to 214! I'm gonna try the hand wash/shake method in a drink bottle. Thanks!!!:happy:
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • Effy826
    Effy826 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    bump
    Why?
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just got my strap back from Polar. Well, they replaced it, actually. They said this strap has stronger electrodes than the one I had. I wonder if I had washed the other one using your directions what would've happened. Oh well. But I was having all the same problems as you. Quite irritating.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thank you.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks to OP for posting - I thought I was the only one with this problem!!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Mine does this too. I have the RS100. I will try your suggestion.Thanks.
  • lutterby
    lutterby Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My strap is 3 years old, but I am going to try the suggestions tonight. Thanks.
  • Kacy
    Kacy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump! I always get 00 or "check heart rate transmitter". Tried the battery. I will try this.
  • hnyb1212
    hnyb1212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    How do I know if I am using the wearlink.. I just got a FT40.. sucks to read that a few people have had problems with theirs in such a short period. Makes me worry a little cause I am in love with mine