frankie and bennys

Options
Im going to frankies and bennys tomorrow with my friends and I'm very aware that its extremely hard to come aware from frankies and bennys with out feeling like a complete pig (well it is for me anyway). I know they have the light options now but my friends aren't no keen on me being on a diet so I can just imagine their reaction if I ordered one of them. So I was wondering what the next lowest calorie/healthiest thug off the menu would be? I absoutly detest salad although ice heard it can be still be high in calories because of the dressing. I was thinking maybe the oven backed salmon with jacket potato could be a good choice? But if anyone has a better suggestion I'd be very grateful to hear them :D

Replies

• bitterbrownie
    Options
    so i'd say stay off the bread to start with ;)

if you're having a starter, either the soup OR if you want to avoid temptation of the dough balls go for the tiger prawn skewer

for main, pasta would be fine either - penne arrabbiata or sticky pasta (chicken would be higher calorie than prawn but hey, you're allowed to enjoy yourself!)

you're right about the salmon i think :) although i'm not sure whether a jacket would be any lower calorie than herbed potatoes...

another choice would be to get a pizza and share it - that way you will only eat half maximum...and you can always transfer toppings you don't want that your friend/s do to their half

hope this helps and remember to enjoy your evening out!!
  • edward1973
    Options
    Im going to frankies and bennys tomorrow with my friends and I'm very aware that its extremely hard to come aware from frankies and bennys with out feeling like a complete pig (well it is for me anyway). I know they have the light options now but my friends aren't no keen on me being on a diet so I can just imagine their reaction if I ordered one of them. So I was wondering what the next lowest calorie/healthiest thug off the menu would be? I absoutly detest salad although ice heard it can be still be high in calories because of the dressing. I was thinking maybe the oven backed salmon with jacket potato could be a good choice? But if anyone has a better suggestion I'd be very grateful to hear them :D

Why are your friends not keen on you being on a diet? True friends would respect your choice and not judge what you ordered - i wouldnt feel pressured to order something for the sake of appearance and feel guilty if i could have had a better option
  • Cateyj
    Cateyj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My kids love F & B's so I eat there about once a month. I tend to stick to the pasta arrabiata or the stcky salads. Are you in the UK? I think the calories are online now, and there is a newer menu with better options on. It's hard with my friends too, he get a bit frrustrated with me at times. I tend to join in ordering a few unhealthy sides 'to share', then not actually eating them! They don't seem to notice! Have a nice night though! xx
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    why would you let your ' friends' affect the way you eat.
    i say pack your own lunch. not worth it if you cant even make a healthy choice.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a tomato based pasta dish. I think there is a good spag marinara they do which I've had which seems pretty low fat and healthy.