Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Please help!

Hi I have been using MFP for about the last 6 weeks the first week i lost 1.9lbs, but since then i have not lost anymore weight and infact i have put back on 1lb of that loss. I have been doing C25K and progressed to week 4 day 3 but ended up getting an ankle injury so have had to rest it for the past week and a half. I have also been sticking to 1200 cals a day i have gone over this a few times but never more than 150 cals more. The past few days i have been really busy in work and at home so havent been able to log on to MFP. This morning i felt as though i wanted to give up so I decided rather than do that i would push myself to log on and hope for some motivation. I am also going to go for a jog today starting week 4 day 1 again.

I would really appreciate some help with this and any motivation that anyone can pass on to me.

Please Help!!

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Hi, maybe you need more calories? I have just written down the C25K workout in my diary and I am starting it on monday! You can do it!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Don't give up, just remember how you felt when you lost the 9lbs. In 6 weeks you have only gained back 1lb. Just stay focused and keep exercising, the weight will come off.
  • Jo120522
    Jo120522 Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you :-)

You might have read wrong though as i have only lost 1.9lbs and have gained back 1lb so only have a loss of 0.9lbs in 5-6 weeks :-((

I must be doing something wrong but i just cant put my finger on it
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    You had an ankle injury so you really couldn't exercise. Just keep focusing on why you want to lose the weight. Believe me, I want to give up sometimes but I know that I need to keep on pressing myself to continue. Once you get into a habit, it will become second nature to you.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    its interesting because some people say that if they eat more they lose more...so maybe if you up your cal intake by just 100 or 150, and then put in some weight training!! (if you are just running, you are only doing cardio and while cardio is a great way to lose weight, strength training will help you gain muscle a lot more). more muscle=more calories burned at rest=more pounds shredded off you!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    If you are having 1200 calories per day you should definitely lose more than 1.9 Lbs, but you have to drink lots of water and you have to add everything that you consume during the day, because some of us when we eat little munchies we don't add those and trust me even little bites, all day make 300-500 calories. Follow your calorie intake strictly and you will get to your goal :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jo120522
    thank you i will try to do some weights may sound stupid but i cant afford a gym membership is there any good tips or things that i could do at home?
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Try to cut fats or carbs
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Try to cut fats or carbs
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    My trainer has gotten me to do crunches at home with a big ball. I put it between and my legs and lift my legs to do the crunches. Believe me, you will feel it in your abs after 4 or 5. Also, try jump roping (that will get you heart rate up) Can you go out for a bike ride?
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Are you weighing/measuring your food? I only ask because most people will underestimate what they're really eating. They'll log a 1 cup serving when really they're eating 1 1/2 cups. So maybe you're eating way more than you think?

Another possibility would be that you're consuming too much sodium so your body is holding onto water weight.

Regardless, keep at it. Better, in my opinion, to exercise and not lose weight, than to do nothing at all.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    totally! just buy some 5 or 8 pound dumbells (or more, depending on how much you can handle)... you can do lunges,(lunges are my personal fave...3 sets of 30 makes my legs look amazing!) hammer curls, overhead tricep extensions (so many different muscle groups!). also, you can use a chair to do arm dips (when you sit in a chair, scootch your bum off of it so you are holding on to the chair behind you with your hands, and lower your bum down and up).

you dont need a gym membership to do strength training, just check up online on how many ideas there are out there. even if you do strength training on the days you dont run, it will be totally beneficial for you! and finish off with a good source of protein :D
  • Jo120522
    Thank you! Good ideas

I have got a jump rope but i dont have a bike. I have an ab roller so i might get that out now aswell and start doing some of those. I might check the attic too as i think i had an exercise ball at one stage for pregnancy!
  • Jo120522
    Wow thanks! That sounds great i will check out some websites to get some tips and start over from today i have reset my goals and have decreased my weight loss from 2lbs to 1lbs so my cals have gone up to 1250 and i am defo going to start to do more exercise i will now do something i the days i am not running.

Thanks again wud you consider adding me as a freind?...
  • Jo120522
    Thank you, and i think that you are right i have made such a change in the last few weeks with my lifestyle and i am happy about doing that but i guess i figured that weight loss would be an added bonus! Hoepfully if i add in some more exercise i will see more results fingers crossed
  • things you can do at home
    1. walk up and down the stairs
    2. pushups
    3. situps/crunches
    4.If you have 5 or 10 pound weights you can work your arm in many ways.
    I look at it like every little bit helps. don't give up you will feel much better in the long run.