Sexy in Six Challenge - PURPLE Team (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I only lost 0.8lbs too but at least it was a negative and not a gain. Now, can you help me I wonder - I just have never been to a gym and I am not sure I want to start now either...but what could I do?!!!!
    I have been on the free body rocks tv station thing with Suzanna - and it would be true to say she is out of my league. I have been tryign one of the exercises with my daughter though. But , well, mainly I end up in fits of helpless laughter.... what to do?
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The gym's a pretty good place to be! Adds variation to your workout, n what I really like about it is that it's easier to track your progress in fitness. It's never too late to start. For the first couple of sessions, there's usually a trainer who helps to orientate you. My future mother-in-law has recently tried it too. They'll also be able to recommend which machines would be suitable for you. Most of all, I think of it as a safe environment to maximize your workout. Have fun!
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    oh man. i remember when i worked for the workout facility at college, i had a free pass to the gym whenever i wanted. then when i was pregnant they let me work at a local fitness club at the front desk and i was also given a free pass to work out....it was great!!!! and the ONLY reason i'm not a gym now is because of money lol and i hate it. i would live at the gym if i could but it's just too expensive right now. when i was at the gym i would do a lot of cardio: treadmill, elliptical, bicycling, etc....and i would do free weights. i would start light with maybe 2.5 lbs in each hand. then i would do legs at a low weight. and yes having a trainer help you is awesome too. good luck! hope you go for it!
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Makes me feel so nervous, we'll see .......but thanks for your encoragement!
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    I used to think I was too fat to go to the gym, and was so scared to use the weight machines I thought people would stare which is crazy! LOL if you get into the right place you will feel great there like a 2nd home!
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    Hey all! The results are out, and we're in second place!!! Our MVP is Kristyann, who lost the most weight in this one week! Good going babe!

Now let's all work to losing more weight and also this week's challenge is the toughest for me so far....DRINKING 8 GLASSES of water!!!!

Knowing that our total weight loss is going to count, I'm going to push myself way harder....we must be No.1 !!!

GO TEAM PURPLE!

P.S: Sorry for using too many caps, but really psyched up now!!!
  • kristyann86
    Options
    ALRIGHT TEAM PURPLE! WAY TO GO!!

This water challenge will be hard for me as well. Hard to stay awake in the morning without my coffee :-( anyone know of flavored water packets with a little energy boost?
  • kristyann86
    Options
    alrighty. just read on the forum MiO packets are good. they have to calories or sugar. hopefully this will help me get the 8+ water a day. good luck ladies!
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    ALRIGHT TEAM PURPLE! WAY TO GO!!

This water challenge will be hard for me as well. Hard to stay awake in the morning without my coffee :-( anyone know of flavored water packets with a little energy boost?

Hmm...I think coffee's ok, just that it's got to be listed under food for calorie count. Nevertheless, perhaps black coffee will help? It actually does push metabolism up a little.
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Way to go purple!!!!!!! And congrats to kristyann !what helped u havw such a good loss???
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Yes, Kristy Ann - tell us your secret!!!!!! And well done Team Purple - first place next week?!!!!!
  • arcticbear
    Options
    "I used to think I was too fat to go to the gym, and was so scared to use the weight machines I thought people would stare which is crazy! LOL if you get into the right place you will feel great there like a 2nd home!"

What would the right place look like? I'm sooooo scared!!! I think I'm also very, very afraid of meeting people I know...and I know quite a few....
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    "I used to think I was too fat to go to the gym, and was so scared to use the weight machines I thought people would stare which is crazy! LOL if you get into the right place you will feel great there like a 2nd home!"

What would the right place look like? I'm sooooo scared!!! I think I'm also very, very afraid of meeting people I know...and I know quite a few....

For me finding the right gym meant avoiding a "meat market", which you can basically tell when you walk in. If it's just a bunch of skinny girls with makeup on "pretending" to work out so they can meet guys or vis vera then that's not what you want. But if you see some other fatties and people seriously working out it's prolly a good gym!
    The thing is people know you are fat, it's not like your hiding anything from running into people like at AA or something if anything running into people they will be happy you are doing something about your "issue" :) In reality we are all there trying to do the same thing, so there's no reason to feel scared or stupid............ that's basically what I learned from the whole thing:)
  • kristyann86
    Options
    let's see. what helped me....ok i'm gonna tell u exactly what i did last week...

exercise: leslie sansone's walk at home challenge. i did 4 miles every day. 3 of those were walking/jogging and the fourth was strength training with an arm band. i also wore ankle weights to give it a different boost since i get bored easily with doing the same exact thing over and over.

food: 1200 cals. some days i went over but not much. i think the most was like 1240 something and i tried desperately not to eat back those calories (it did not work for me last time i was on here). it's all in my diary if you woule like to view it.

i think that's it. but i think this water challenge is gonna change everything (mainly b/c TOM this week with aaalllll that water, who knows what's gonna happen lol). we'll see

but i'm gonna stick with 1200 cals no matter what and exercise for about hour, 45 mins at most

so how is everybody else so far this week? i got the MiO water flavor and it's really good. i've got 6 glassess so far today. hopefully i'll drink more during my workout

good luck everyone! have a great night!
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Thanks kristy!!! I stick to 1200 calories too, sometimes it's hard to 1200 good ones in!!!

Yesterday was a total fail for water, I get so busy I just don't think about it, and Sunday I ate a huge piece of pumpkin pie!!! Ugh I swear I do so good till the wkend comes anyone else have that issue????
  • kristyann86
    Options
    I have that issue on weekends. Last weekend I baked cookies and by Monday they were gone. Lol horrible I know s I'm gonna bake only at holiday times lol
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    let's see. what helped me....ok i'm gonna tell u exactly what i did last week...

exercise: leslie sansone's walk at home challenge. i did 4 miles every day. 3 of those were walking/jogging and the fourth was strength training with an arm band. i also wore ankle weights to give it a different boost since i get bored easily with doing the same exact thing over and over.

food: 1200 cals. some days i went over but not much. i think the most was like 1240 something and i tried desperately not to eat back those calories (it did not work for me last time i was on here). it's all in my diary if you woule like to view it.

i think that's it. but i think this water challenge is gonna change everything (mainly b/c TOM this week with aaalllll that water, who knows what's gonna happen lol). we'll see

but i'm gonna stick with 1200 cals no matter what and exercise for about hour, 45 mins at most

so how is everybody else so far this week? i got the MiO water flavor and it's really good. i've got 6 glassess so far today. hopefully i'll drink more during my workout

good luck everyone! have a great night!

I'm still struggling with the water. Well, except for Tuesday, but it wasn't for a good reason. I had foods loaded with sodium all day, and desperately trying to get rid of it with loads of water. :P
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?

Just finished lunch and at four glasses of water.

Due to my other half's schedule, we have to get up super early for our workouts now. Did at 6:30am wakeup today (that's already crazy early for me), and tomorrow going for a 5am wakeup. It sucks, but I love the empty gym!!! Plus, I also drink a full bottle of water while at the gym, so that's two cups down by 8am, yay! :)

My weight hasn't been the greatest this week, I'm still blaming it on PMS. Been eating well and have exercised every day though.
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?

Just finished lunch and at four glasses of water.

Due to my other half's schedule, we have to get up super early for our workouts now. Did at 6:30am wakeup today (that's already crazy early for me), and tomorrow going for a 5am wakeup. It sucks, but I love the empty gym!!! Plus, I also drink a full bottle of water while at the gym, so that's two cups down by 8am, yay! :)

My weight hasn't been the greatest this week, I'm still blaming it on PMS. Been eating well and have exercised every day though.

That's a great job you're doing! And really, I read somewhere that working out in the morning revs up your metabolism for the rest of the day. Keep it up!
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I'll be off to Hong Kong for work next week, and really worried for my food choices. It'll be the first work trip since I started on MFP. :S Fingers crossed and hope that all will be well.