Does anyone have any good snack recipies?

Options
I have a very bad sweet tooth and i'm trying to find a health way to make snacks without craving little debbies's snack cakes.... if anybody has any please let me know

Replies

• ladylaycee
    Options
    I have a very bad sweet tooth and i'm trying to find a health way to make snacks without craving little debbies's snack cakes.... if anybody has any please let me know
  • danarose
    Options
    WELL MIGHT SOUND GROSS TO SOME BUT HERE GOES:

Cinnamon rice cracker with sliced banana and drizzle of honey! YUM YUM...and if I'm really hungry I put a dab of peanut butter
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Just plain old semi-sweet chocolate chips. I can have 5 of them and it really does away with my sweets craving. Also, they are high in good fats that fight cholesterol! :flowerforyou:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm not one who has much of a sweet tooth but something I like to do is make chocolate banana "ice cream" sometimes. Freeze banana slices, put them in a blender (or a magic bullet if you have one...works better) with some fat free milk and sugar free chocolate syrup. You can put it in the freezer for a while to make it have a little thicker ice cream consistency. Super good!
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/30769-what-should-i-eat-as-snacks

I hope this link will go through .. here is an earlier topic that discussed snacks.... and I'm like you ... I have a sweet tooth too!
  • losingit09
    Options
    you could also try oatmeal and get sugar free Hershey syrup . get some frozen fruit (like strawberries or blueberries...yum) and snack on that
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Try slicing an apple into thin wedges, drizzle a little honey over the slices, sprinkle with some cereal, top with a few dashes of cinnamon (I like cinnamon, so I put a lot :bigsmile: ) Super easy, sooo good! :love: I tried this with honey bunches of oats with almonds, trail mix crunch-raisins and almonds, honey bunches of oats cinnamon, and life cinnamon, and of all of them, I think the honey bunches of oats cinnamon was the best).

The apple has water and fiber (so keep the apple skin on!), which will really make you feel full. The honey gives it a little extra sweetness, and helps the cereal stick to the apple. The cereal gives it such a satisfying crunch. My new favorite healthy food that eats like a dessert! :heart: