does anybody have a recipie for salsa?

Options
I want to learn how to make healthy homemade salsa and spinach dips and things like that! if anybody know's of any, please let me know!

Replies

• ladylaycee
    Options
    I want to learn how to make healthy homemade salsa and spinach dips and things like that! if anybody know's of any, please let me know!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    In a food processor combine, then pulse until you have the consistency:

4-5 tomatoes, sliced and squeezed of some of the innards
    1 medium onion, cut into quarters
    1 jalapeno, cut into slices
    2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed first so you don't get big chunks
    1-2 handfuls of cilantro
    juice of 1 lime or lemon
    salt to taste
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    that's so funny... I was just gonna write in a recipe almost exactly like that... if you want a more chunky look and not so foamy-- leave out the tomatoes and hand chop them and then mix it all together by hand at the end...
  • ladybug3
    Options
    My husband always makes his own. He uses canned whole tomatoes, chopped garlic, and jalepenos (sp?). Usually two large cans and the others to taste. Experiment to see what works for you. :happy:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hello! I make this salsa at least once a week, my whole family loves it, and it is very simple

1 large can diced tomatoes
    1 onion
    handful cilantro
    1 anaheim pepper (seeded)
    2 tsp. splenda
    2 tbsp. lemon juice
    pinch salt

Put onion, cilantro,pepper, lemon juice, salt and splenda in blender and pulse until well chopped. Add tomato a little at a time and mix until well blended.....serve!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Oh thanks you guys!!:drinker: I love Salsa and definitely will give some of these recipes a shot...I never thought of using canned tomatoes....I thought it was always fresh you had to use...... Sooooooooooo with that...I shall try a recipe this week!!:drinker:

You guys ROCK and are so informative when someone asks for help:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    just bumpin