skin secrets

ma34113
ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
what are your secrets to keeping your skin acne free, or to get rid of any unwanted skin marks ( stretch marks, acne scars, scars, redness , and such)

for stretch marks i would use left over coffee bean grinds and let them sit on my stretch marks and it would help :)

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    I started using Freederm their face scrub and moisturiser and my skin has cleared up a treat.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    I have stretch marks from 4 pregnancies....as far as I know they never really go away, just get lighter. Cocoa butter is supposed to help.:flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    I used to have THE WORST acne. I tried EVERYTHING for my skin. (The first time I went to the dr about it I was actually asked if I had chicken pox) I tried all over the counter and prescription and such but the only thing that ever worked for me was a mixture of Roaccutane -(the harshest drug you can find for acne) and the Pill. I was on Roaccutane for 16 months (the normal dosage is usally only 6 months- usually NEVER over!) which gave me HORRIBLE side-effects (my skin would start bleeding from being so dry and fainting and getting sunburnt from being in the sun for less than 5 mins). I am now just on the Pill for my skin and use sorbolene but I have soooo many scars and redness! :(
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I would love to hear what people have to say, I've always got some sort of skin issue going on!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Bump!
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    I used to have THE WORST acne. I tried EVERYTHING for my skin. (The first time I went to the dr about it I was actually asked if I had chicken pox) I tried all over the counter and prescription and such but the only thing that ever worked for me was a mixture of Roaccutane -(the harshest drug you can find for acne) and the Pill. I was on Roaccutane for 16 months (the normal dosage is usally only 6 months- usually NEVER over!) which gave me HORRIBLE side-effects (my skin would start bleeding from being so dry and fainting and getting sunburnt from being in the sun for less than 5 mins). I am now just on the Pill for my skin and use sorbolene but I have soooo many scars and redness! :(

yes i have my bad flare ups and ive never been to a dr but for my spots i use skin renew dark spot corrector by garnier...its has helped me :)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    With hormonal acne, the only real solution is to get at the root cause of it.

It is usually due to too much testosterone in one's system - caused by certain medications (bc pill, steroids) or endocrine disorders like PCOS.

In such cases, topical treatments rarely help.