Excuses, Denial, Cheating, Lies, NO MORE!

Options
Hello. I realized something:
Each time I break my daily goal of healthy eating & exercise, I'm letting myself down. Each time I tell myself that I'm getting serious & I give up, I've lied to myself. Each time I make excuses for poor choices, I'm hurting myself. Each time I put off a healthy lifestyle until tomorrow, I'm wasting another day of my life. I'm letting myself down. I'm giving up on myself. I'm being the worst friend in the world when I self destruct.

However. I could be the most reliable person in my life. I have the power to treat myself with love & respect. Hard to do when there have been times when I feel like I don't love myself, I know. But, it can be done. I can do this. I can take care of myself like I take care of my loved ones; my sons, my husband, my friends, even my dog.

No more of this business of lovingly packing a well-balanced, fresh fruit & veggie-filled lunch for my son, then going to eat a giant baked potato filled with cheese, butter, salt, sour cream, & bacon for myself, topped off with a huge glass of 2% milk. I will take care of myself like a loving parent desperately & fearlessly takes care of her offspring. On the inside, I am a child; I'm a child of God. That's someone worth loving.

So, here's my introduction: I'm a 32-year-old mother of two. Married for 9 years. Optimistic about being here. Staying for a while.

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You should add some friends to encourage you along the way. It is very helpful to feel like you are on the journey together with people. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Well said :)
  • exiledforestfan
    Options
    Hi and welcome

I think most of us find it easier to do the right thing for others and not for ourselves. My advice is plan your meals out for the week before you do the shopping and have an idea of what you get for the calories you get each day. if you do nothing else walk for 5 minutes each day and gtry and build it up. If you have to go out and need the car or the bus, then park further from the store or get off a stop early and walk.

if you do fall of the wagon then it is not the end of the world. If you do can you be a little more disciplined the next few days to compensate or if not then write off the day but don't use it as an excuse to go mad and start again tomorrow.

Try and find a buddy to help you sgtay on the straight and narrow and maybe joing a diet club for extra support.

Good Luck!
  • hanstaff
    hanstaff Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done on making the decision to take care of your health. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • dnjdavis
    Options
    go girl!