UNHAPPY WITH WEIGHT LOSS?

Does anyone ever get scared that after losing a great deal of weight, that you won't be happy with yourself even then? I know I have such a long way to go, only losing about 8lbs, but I'm just nervous that once some more of the weight starts to come off, I'm just going to want to keep improving my body so that it will be good enough for myself and other people. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where good enough ends...

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Maybe it never ends. Is that a bad thing? I think it's kind of cool to know that I can always set a new goal to keep myself motivated and loving myself. :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    I think that most of us with a lot of weight to lose think that at some point.

I know I've changed my end goal a couple of times now, but that's mostly because I was terrified of never getting there and the almost 100lbs it would be to lose from where I started.

What I've found as I went along (been here a year) is that my MIND has changed in that time. I will never stop pushing myself but the scale is becoming less of an obsession in my life and my FITNESS level matters more. I'm working harder to feel fit, lift weights, run father, run faster etc.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    We (especially women) will never be happy with ourselves. Some days I'll sulk like a baby and think "ew look at me...I'll never be perfect*...and really, I won't be. That means keep fighting EVERY SINGLE DAY. No matter how awesome we think we are and how many achievements we may get in life, there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Don't pin your happiness weight loss. I could see bad things happening if you do-eating disorders and anorexia on the extreme end of the scale. If you have to tie it to anything, tie it to the fact that you are creating a healthier version of you; that you are learning to take the little ups and downs in stride because you have a goal: to be the best you you can be.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    No. I'm not losing weight because I don't like myself. I'm pretty fond of myself. I just want to be healthier & more fit. I won't like myself any better then, just enjoy life (and shopping) more. I"m not someone who fears change - I know that a life without change is NOT a life I want, so I embrace changes and look on them as new experiences. Just try to look on it as an adventure. We don't KNOW what our future holds and we never will cause when we get there, it's the present!
    Enjoy TODAY- live today - don't look forward with fear, but anticipation - Life isn't about the destination, it's the journey.
    Have fun with it. Fear restricts us, Joy is boundless.

Good luck!
  • keep your head up