Perfect 10 Buddy Club Dec. 12

Options
Good Morning All,

Well, I am a scale watcher to my determent, and I weigh myself everyday. Sometimes like today I was discouraged because It has not moved in a few days. However. I did measure myself and lost 16 inches in all. I know it has to do with the new exercise route I started November 17th. So Do Not give up. It might take awhile but just keep taking those baby steps.

I will go to the gym, drink my water and count my calories today.

Chat later.

44118.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Well, I am a scale watcher to my determent, and I weigh myself everyday. Sometimes like today I was discouraged because It has not moved in a few days. However. I did measure myself and lost 16 inches in all. I know it has to do with the new exercise route I started November 17th. So Do Not give up. It might take awhile but just keep taking those baby steps.

I will go to the gym, drink my water and count my calories today.

Chat later.

44118.png

Kathy
  • Felixanvk
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I get very discourage because I keep working hard and my weight does not move at all...
    But my dietisian told me not to trust those machines... use a dress, or an old favorite jeans or get new ones and that is what it tells you if you have lost weight. Mostly we develope muscle as the same time we tone ourselves. I try to ignore my machine as much as I can. She is nuts... sometimes it tells me 205 and another ones 200... depending where I am standing.:tongue:
    Well, let's keep the good walk...
    Take care
    Felixa
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday also even though I know I shouldn't. I don't understand how people stay at the exact same number everyday. My scale changes by about a pound everyday - sometimes 1 pound more, sometimes 1 pound less.

Today was 1 pound more. Course, I went over my calories a little yesterday ... okay and the day before. Today will be better though. I think I'm going to eat slightly below to make up for yesterday. Not much, just a couple hundred calories.

And I'm shooting for running for 40 min today, walking for 15 instead of running for 30 and walking for 15.
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!

I try to control myself and only get on scales 2 or 3 times a week. I would like to stop doing it at all. Someone mentioned only weight in once a month and that is what Im trying to shoot for. Weight in and messuring once a month. But those scales are very addictive!!!

I hope everyone has a good day
    Chat later
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Morning guys!

sorry I was MIA yesterday, i laid in bed all day due to a stomach virus...OMG it was awful:sick:

Im taking it easy today, maybe doing some laundry and cleaning abit,but no workouts until this dizzy feeling goes away.

I admit that I weigh everyday too,i haven't weighed in about four days though.

Plantlady99-GREAT JOB on the inches lost! Wow thats awesome!

OctoberBabe-im with ya...lets only WI and Measure once a month...that would be another good challnege!

Hey to everybody!

have a great day,will try and bbl:smile:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Congrats Plantlady99! That's so awesome! I actually have the same issue. I am losing inches, but my weight is pretty much the same. I just figure that I'm building muscle and the weight will come off eventually.

So, it looks like we're all in the same boat for how often we weigh ourselves. My scale is in the laundry room, so every time I go into that room I'm drawn to the scale (which is about once per day). Maybe I should hide it from myself for a few days...that'll be some willpower there.

Todays goals are to drink water, log all calories and exercise tonight.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well so I just did some stretches when I got home.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Wow! I think there must be something going around:ohwell: I was sick with a flu-like virus for a couple of days and Im still at my sisters so I havent been getting all the good nutrition I do at home. I havent been going over my calories AT ALL lol in fact I have been WAY under almost every day Ive been here this last week. I hate that because not only am I HUNGRY all the time here, but it isnt good for me and all the hard work I have done. But I guess I am more the type that if there isnt something healthy here for me to eat, rather than grab a can of raviolis or something, I just choose not to eat:cry: I have been basically living on cans of condensed soup, which I love, but dont want it every day for every meal lol. So...although I ended up losing like 12 lbs this last week, Im not real thrilled about it because Im quite sure Im throwing my system into starvation mode:frown: I love my sister and am happy that I am able to be here and help her out while she recovers, but I sure cant wait to get home.
    Have a great day everyone and keep accomplishing those little mini goals for the day!:drinker:

~Roni
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    All of you sick people keep your distance. :angry: And feel better of course. :bigsmile:

To all of the people very discouraged about a lack of weightloss, I feel your pain. :cry: I've been doing everything right this week, and nothing changes. Of course, my stupid scale is like 400 years old and fluctuates about 5 pounds when I shift around on it, so who actually knows? I ordered myself a digital scale for Christmas, woot!

I wanted to give up yesterday and binge, but I didn't. I actually went about 200 cals under yesterday - not intentionally, my tummy was just upset yesterday evening so I didn't feel like eating. I just envision myself skinny and its all good. :love:

Roni - I hope you get to go home soon, hun! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your weightloss, but try to keep those calories up!

Drink water everyone! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I decided a few days ago to only weigh once a month but I woke up feeling so miserable I randomly decided to weigh (in the hopes I'd see something that boosted my spirits). I'm down 6 pounds. I'm not too excited yet though. Haha. It's probably water weight or whatever. Still, it was nice to see 224 on the scale.

I didn't workout today. Yesterday I hurt my foot somehow and was limping all night at the second job so I decided it was best to lay off the workout today and just give the leg a break.

This is a weird question but... er... is it bad if your toes go numb while you're on the elliptical? Earlier in the week I lost all feeling in my right toes while in the midst of my workout. I thought it was kind of weird but just shrugged it off and kept going but now yesterday I had bad pain all throughout my right foot so I'm thinking that's probably the moment I hurt it.

ARGH. So hard to slow down.

:ohwell: Anybody else having trouble maintaining a slow but steady pace working out? I don't feel good about my workout unless I'm near death when it's over. HAHAHAHAHA.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday also even though I know I shouldn't. I don't understand how people stay at the exact same number everyday. My scale changes by about a pound everyday - sometimes 1 pound more, sometimes 1 pound less.

Today was 1 pound more. Course, I went over my calories a little yesterday ... okay and the day before. Today will be better though. I think I'm going to eat slightly below to make up for yesterday. Not much, just a couple hundred calories.

And I'm shooting for running for 40 min today, walking for 15 instead of running for 30 and walking for 15.

Good luck with that!!! :happy: But make sure to listen to your body and don't hurt yourself. ):
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I decided a few days ago to only weigh once a month but I woke up feeling so miserable I randomly decided to weigh (in the hopes I'd see something that boosted my spirits). I'm down 6 pounds. I'm not too excited yet though. Haha. It's probably water weight or whatever. Still, it was nice to see 224 on the scale.

I didn't workout today. Yesterday I hurt my foot somehow and was limping all night at the second job so I decided it was best to lay off the workout today and just give the leg a break.

This is a weird question but... er... is it bad if your toes go numb while you're on the elliptical? Earlier in the week I lost all feeling in my right toes while in the midst of my workout. I thought it was kind of weird but just shrugged it off and kept going but now yesterday I had bad pain all throughout my right foot so I'm thinking that's probably the moment I hurt it.

ARGH. So hard to slow down.

:ohwell: Anybody else having trouble maintaining a slow but steady pace working out? I don't feel good about my workout unless I'm near death when it's over. HAHAHAHAHA.

No, that totally happens - the toes going numb. Don't owrry about it. If you can keep going while they're numb, then do. If not, do something else!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Yes! I completely know what you mean. I just don't feel like I've DONE anything unless I can barely stand up. On the days I just have my pilates and strength training, I feel like such a lazy butt.

I can offer no advice for this, other than we are doing the right thing by taking it slow. :flowerforyou:

Also - if your toes are numb, you could be pinching a nerve. This is what happens to me (my leg goes numb) because I am overworking my calf muscle and it pinches nerves on either side of my ankle. Take it a little slower once you toes start to go numb, also ice before and after exercise is supposed to help. (According to my podiatrist.) :ohwell:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Yes my toes get numb on the elliptical. I know it is ok because i have been reading it on the boards here that it seems normal.

I am happy just to be able to do the elliptical.

Water water water today. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

44118.png

kathy
  • mimielle
    mimielle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a thought about toes going numb on the elliptical. I don't use the elliptial but I have had my feet go slightly numb when running longer distances, over an hour. I think it was due to my feet swelling over the hour with the increased activity. Now I keep my laces a little loose over the top of my feet but relatively snug at the ankle so that my heel stays in place while giving my feet more breathing space. Give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

I hope you don't mind that I joined in on your buddy club discussion.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I have a thought about toes going numb on the elliptical. I don't use the elliptial but I have had my feet go slightly numb when running longer distances, over an hour. I think it was due to my feet swelling over the hour with the increased activity. Now I keep my laces a little loose over the top of my feet but relatively snug at the ankle so that my heel stays in place while giving my feet more breathing space. Give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

I will try that! Also, I think the entire community is part of our buddy club so no worries!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I will try that! Also, I think the entire community is part of our buddy club so no worries!

Great info! I have an ellip at home and go barefoot!! When I went to the gym with my friend I snuck my shoes off and got in 30 min before someone noticed!! :flowerforyou: