swimming with ft4

Options
Can anyone tell me if the Polar FT4 is waterproof? Could I use it in the pool- or is that just asking to break it?

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Amazon states water resistant upto 30m.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Yes it is. I wore mine in the pool on Wednesday. It was fine. Have fun! :happy:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It'll be fine. Go fo it!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Just don't press any buttons! =]
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Really, i didn't know that. Do you just wear the chest strap and transmitter as normal then ?
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    wow i didn't know that either, i'd also like to know if you wear the chest strap as normal?
  • DorothyNorrington
    DorothyNorrington Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Yes you can wear the FT4 in the pool. Wear the chest strap, transmitter, and watch as normal. The only difference is that you CAN NOT push the watch buttons in the water.

I wear mine a lot in the water, since that is the majority of my exercise. I use it for swimming laps, and also water aerobics.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • alibeany
    alibeany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone. I will wear mine tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It will have it printed on the back of the transmitter and the watch the depth it can go to. I know my FT40 is up to 30m.

I sometimes have a problem with the chest strap transmitting in water but solved that by putting it on extra tight. The polar site suggests putting it on on your back, but to make sure that the transmitter is upside down so it reads Left and Right correctly.....don't know if that works
  • happyfit11
    happyfit11 Posts: 11
    Options
    I can't get mine to work in the water! it isn't picking up the transmitter! I have it on as tight as it goes :( I'd love to be able to swim laps with it.