Substitute for a double cheeseburger?

Options
I have a major food craving for a double cheeseburger from McDonalds. Anything I can eat with less calories that will substitute well?

Replies

• foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Search under 'Recipes' and take a look at the crockpot cheeseburger thread. Those are wonderful!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com
    :D
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    single cheeseburger?
  • KimberlyDenice
    Options
    where is recipes
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    well, it's not McDs, but it's still a burger....turkey burger at Carl's Jr.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Serious answer.
    Eat 1/2 a single cheeseburger.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I love getting some ground chicken, making some patties, and grilling them.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    If you still want McDonald's, check out their nutritional table. Their grilled chicken sandwiches aren't too bad at all, if you skip the mayo. Or, be really, really good in the day and enjoy the burger.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
  • stephski07
    Options
    My personal oppinion is (and others may not agree) that if thats what you want have it. Everything in moderation. Include it in your allowance and do some exercise. You may have to compromise for another meal (ie have soup for dinner) or have it on a "cheat" day if thats what you do. I struggle if i deprive myself, it shouldnt be a form of torture, that makes me want stuff more!

Good Luck!!
  • nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm with dmpizza, at least satisfy the craving :) then at home do your own with healthier ingredients, you don't have to do without if you make wiser choices :)
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    My personal oppinion is (and others may not agree) that if thats what you want have it. Everything in moderation. Include it in your allowance and do some exercise. You may have to compromise for another meal (ie have soup for dinner) or have it on a "cheat" day if thats what you do. I struggle if i deprive myself, it shouldnt be a form of torture, that makes me want stuff more!

Good Luck!!

The way you feel after not having a crappy meal, is much better. I've had 3 bad meals in 7 months, and 1 wasn't even really bad. It was a grilled chicken sand from wendy's.

I don't buy into the cheat days. But then again, I like what I eat and it's good for me.

Part of losing weight is making better choices. I don't see how "giving in, but doing better at home" allows you to follow that.

Make the better choice. Find some willpower.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you have a craving for McDonald's (I think homemade cheeseburgers taste so much better though), get a kids meal or even a mighty kids meal with a single cheeseburger.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I would make my own at home. There are some decent choices re: hamburgers at the grocery store and you control what you put into it. Make it with half a slice of cheese, lean ground beef, and whole grain bread! If that won't do the trick, go to McDonald's and eat away - you can work off a double cheeseburger with an hour of intense cardio easily!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    id get a proper good quality fresh steak burger, do it in the george foreman grill to get rid of all the fat, and have it in a crusty roll or ciabatta with loads of salad and pepper and a little extra light mayonnaise and mustard.

much more satisfying and nothing unhealthy about it
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    honestly pretty much any homemade cheesebueger is going to be less cal thwn mickey d's
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I would make my own at home. There are some decent choices re: hamburgers at the grocery store and you control what you put into it. Make it with half a slice of cheese, lean ground beef, and whole grain bread! If that won't do the trick, go to McDonald's and eat away - you can work off a double cheeseburger with an hour of intense cardio easily!
    I agree, make it at home if you can.

But if you really want to have one from McD's, then take off 1/2 the bun, and enjoy, and as mentioned, you can work it off no problem.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm with stephski07

The only way to make a healthy weight a long-term lifestyle rather than a short-term "diet" is to make it tolerable. Eat what you want, just eat less of it and/or make allowances for it in the rest of the day. When you try to be so strict that you won't even eat a slice of birthday cake on your OWN birthday, it's a recipe for failure. Eating things you like - especially when you're "craving" them - and STILL staying on your diet is a HUGE motivator to continue and succeed because you don't feel like you're depriving yourself.

A single cheeseburger and small fries from McD's is about 580 Calories, and it's a satisfying meal for a grown man or woman. (Personally, I think the inflation of portion sizes is America's REAL problem with food.) That shouldn't break anybody's diet. A bit high in the fat department, sure, but we're not talking about an everyday meal here. So go get a cheeseburger Happy Meal with Iced Tea (unsweetened of course) and kick that craving to the curb.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Some people get the kids size burger. . ... . my recommendation if you want to eat one make it at home with 4-7% beef.

I quit eating it altogether. . . but I do like a cheeseburger so I eat a boca with cheese. . . . or any morning star. . .they have such great flavors. . I like their basil pizza burger. . . or portabella burger. . .
    Yummy. . .

or you could use turkey. . Hope this helps.

A better idea would be a chicken sandwich. . . Skip the mayo. . .if you are a mc d's . . . .