This Is Sooo Wrong

Options
rileysowner
rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I just read about Susanne Eman's bid to become the world's fattest woman. I can't imagine why someone would do this to their body. I have to say, looking at the pictures reminded me why I want to lose the fat and stay healthy. Right now she have not obesity related illness, but I'm sure it will come as a human body is not designed to carry that sort of weight. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026964/Susanne-Emans-bid-worlds-fattest-woman-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html

Replies

• ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    How could anyone be so stupid? More importantly, how could a mother do that to her children?
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wrong on so many levels.. But the whole mother thing is indeed the most disturbing. I'm sorry but the kids should be taken away from hear. Clearly she is ill and not physically or mentally equipped for motherhood.
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well that's just horrifying. :frown:
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Notice how happy her children look. Insanity!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I think your title says it all.... its sooo wrong. Her poor kids..... and sister. they are all victims in this selfish act of hers. I really hope she finds what she is looking for.....
  • clong1985
    Options
    This is really sad, in the same way that more conventional models are pushed into drug use and eating disorders to accommodate a super-thin ideal. This isn't even a matter of refusing to conform to societal norms because she is happy with herself. She is putting her health and the well-being of her family in jeopardy to appeal to other people's fetishes and that is not a good thing. I hope this doesn't end in the train-wreck fashion it appears to be heading.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I have no words... all I can do is shake my head.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    She is disgusting. I'm a bit confused as to why they're referring to her as a "bombshell." And lovely that she isn't working because she's too fat...I wonder how she can afford those mountains of food? Ah yes, MY tax dollars at work. Idiot.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    People need to live in the spotlight. I mean, how many of us have done stupid things for attention or thought it was cool/funny. If anyone said they did not do this, I'd call them a flat out liar.

This is very extreme but i'm not surprised.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    She needs a help from a psychologist.... Disgusting!!
  • JsGirl93
    Options
    People need to live in the spotlight. I mean, how many of us have done stupid things for attention or thought it was cool/funny. If anyone said they did not do this, I'd call them a flat out liar.

Doing something for attention or the spotlight is one thing, committing slow suicide for it is another. To me, it's almost a weird justification. "I'm extremely obese, so I'm going to be the biggest d*** obese person around & I love it! If I say it enough, maybe I'll believe it." JMO
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

You are correct. We do REALLY dumb things for attention. I can think of plenty I've done myself.

I just hate when the media actually gives women like this that attention. It's just sick and sad.
    All I can do is feel for those kids, no way can they end up normal.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

Doing something for attention or the spotlight is one thing, committing slow suicide for it is another. To me, it's almost a weird justification. "I'm extremely obese, so I'm going to be the biggest d*** obese person around! If I say it enough, maybe I'll believe it." JMO

True, but how many people jump off a roof of a house into a pretty shallow pool? Or people who drink to the point of alcohol poisoning because it's their 21st birthday.

I'm just justifying what this lady is doing, but what I am saying is people do stupid things all the time. Just for some reason certain suicides are more socially accepted.
  • JsGirl93
    Options

Doing something for attention or the spotlight is one thing, committing slow suicide for it is another. To me, it's almost a weird justification. "I'm extremely obese, so I'm going to be the biggest d*** obese person around! If I say it enough, maybe I'll believe it." JMO

True, but how many people jump off a roof of a house into a pretty shallow pool? Or people who drink to the point of alcohol poisoning because it's their 21st birthday.

I'm just justifying what this lady is doing, but what I am saying is people do stupid things all the time. Just for some reason certain suicides are more socially accepted.
    Not disagreeing with you Phil, at all. I just think this lady's problems go beyond attention & are being fed ( no pun intended ) by the media.

Reminds me of the kid who is picked on becomes the class clown. Bad attention is better than none at all, I suppose. You are right about that.

Edited for typos, stupid phone!