Can anybody suggest a fitness programme to lose moobs?

Options
I've been training in the gym going atleast 4 times per week often more like 7! I train on a calorie scale, so I run for 400cals, cross train for 300 etc. I swim until I can't carry one (my swimming stamina is pretty poor, but getting better.

I'm losing weight pretty stably, at a quicker rate than in the past too.

One thing that is bothering me is that the weight training that i'm doing (focusing in shoulders, neck, chest, abs and occasionally arms) isn't really reducing my moobs.

I was wondering if I need to be focusing my weights work outs to more specific regions through particular free weight exercises.

Can anybody help me please? I'm getting complimented by friends and family for losing weight, but my objective loss of reducing the moobs just isn't progressing with the rest!

Cheers guys!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    yes, add resistance training. do chest flys ... flat bench, decline and incline. do different types of push-ups. overall, though, it will simply take time to burn all of the fat. Sadly, your body decides in what order fat will be burned...and you just have to keep working. it will happen.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend who had some minor moobage started doing kettlebells about 2 months ago and now we can proudly say he has pecs. I would look into that program since I've heard/seen amazing things from it.
  • ghlm
    ghlm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Talk to one of the staff members at the gym- they're paid to give you (hopefully knowledgable) advice, and they should be able to help you address your target areas efficiently. I asked for a new training programme recently at my gym, and I was really happy with the advice the trainer gave. I didn't have to pay extra for it, and nor should you - it's the part of the service you are entitled to as a member. I'm loving the new routine so far, and am looking forward to achieving greater fat-burning and better posture.
  • jw258
    jw258 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you very much for all of your advice!

I've actually just been given and incline bench, just need to get some weights for it.

As for the kettleball suggestion, I've seen the class advertised at my gym, but was always worried about going to classes and leaving my own regime.

I will ask for advice, I am always a tad embarrassed though as all of the guys are roughly my age and its obvs a bit of a personal thing to chat about, that said, I swim at the gym and shower etc so it obviously doesn't bother me too much!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does kettlebells at home on his own, actually. He bought one online (I think it was lke $50?). He started with a 25lb one.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Fat storage and loss is genetic, you can't target a specific area to burn fat from. Just keep working on fat burning, and keep training the chest muscle under the fat, and eventually you will get the results you are looking for.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would honestly talk to one of the staff members at the gym. Tell them what your goal is and see what they suggest. If you can afford it, it would be beneficial to even buy a few personal training sessions.

If you can't do any personal training sessions, then simply snag one of the trainers and say "Hey, I just want to know, can you recommend an exercise or two that I should be doing?" They should have no problem making a few recommendations.

God bless!
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Fat storage and loss is genetic, you can't target a specific area to burn fat from. Just keep working on fat burning, and keep training the chest muscle under the fat, and eventually you will get the results you are looking for.

Yes what this person said. you can't spot reduce. If you maintain your bodyfat, but get a bigger chest from resistance, you get BIGGER MOOBS. It's bodyfat. Also it can be estrogen. A lot of our foods have estrogen in them based on chemical enhancement. Try to eat organic.