So my birthday is next week...

Options
I want to be prepared. Should I cut back in calories now in anticipation of the birthday meal? If so, cut back by how much?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    How much are you planning to eat?!?

I would just eat normally between now and then. One day won't derail your efforts.
  • xxshewolfxx
    Options
    My birthday is next week too (Tuesday :D) and I have decided to enjoy myself that day, and not stress about the calories and the fat and the whatever.

It's your birthday, maybe you could allow yourself a treat.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    Live it up for the day and indlulge-a little!! Your birthday comes once a year so you should go all out. My birthdays coming up too and I plan on working out a little extra before and after so I dont feel guilty about any birthday cake or champagne. :wink:
  • tonismith15
    tonismith15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best way to go...:happy:

you'll find probably that you won't want to "blow it" so badly. I've found that when i want to eat not so great food, i'm not eating as much of it.
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would eat what you would like, but eat less on your birthday.

So if you really want a piece of cake, eat half of the piece of cake, etc.

On vacation I really wanted ice cream and loaded mashed potatoes (not together...lol). So I got a small ice cream instead of a large and I ate the mashed potatoes. I tried to get a little more exercise in as well. You can treat yourself once in awhile; just can't go back to old ways (or at least I can't).

Good luck & happy birthday!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would have a few really good tight days. Still meet your cals to function but make exceptionally nutritious choices. LOTS of water!! If you are hosting a party organise the food yourself so you can be more in control. Potlucks - most people ask what should I bring? Tell them what you would chose as lower cal options. If a friend is planning it express your concerns and tell tham what you need or hope to have for food options. Cake? Angel food with fresh berries=yum! Celebrate by doing something active like bowling, lazer tag (I know corny) What ever you do have fun and enjoy your next lap around the sun!!

Failing that do for dinner have a salad and make up the balance of calories in martinis! LOL
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calorie allowance every day. If you want to exercise more after your birthday that would help. Do not lower calories or your metabolizm will slow down and that is the last thing you want.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Just take a day off and enjoy yourself. :)
  • onetwentysomething
    onetwentysomething Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about cutting back now, but maybe try to save most of your daily calories that day? Get a good workout in?
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    ok ...thanks guys always helpful!
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What I did for mine was worked out really hard the day before and the day after...I took my bday off from working out too!! I still ate a regular breakfast and lunch but then went a little over for dinner with cake and drinks!! Have a great birthday and enjoy yourself.
  • dawnm92
    dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Heather. I would eat normally now. One day where you splurge will not hurt a thing! Definitely celebrate your birthday and enjoy yourself. In the meantime, just follow your plan that you know works for you. :-)