Getting Ready to Start 30 Day Shred

Options
I just bought the dvd off of Amazon. It will be here on Tuesday, so I'm looking to start it on Wednesday. I haven't heard too much about it, just seen photos of great results so I'm excited to start it. But I'm also super nervous! I've seen the biggest loser, I KNOW her attitude and I'm thinking it's probably going to kill me. Any tips or anyone getting ready to start it that wants to help keep each other motivated?

Replies

• mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good for you deciding to do the 30DS. I completed it this summer. One tip is pace yourself and each day you will be able to do a little more. I stayed on level one for most of the time while others in my challenge group did 10 days of each level. You do what's best for you. I plan on starting up again for another 30 days and am actually looking forward to it :) The first day is the hardest, but by the end you will be so proud of yourself, enjoy!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Here is a group that is going to start Monday 8/22/11. Link up with them for support. You should have a mat (or blanket), cushion if you have bad knees (for modified push ups) and something for a weight (soup cans, I use lg peanut butter jars). Also, water close by if you are used to doing cardio (huffing/puffing drys the mouth). Other than those items, you need discipline and will power! I regret not taking measurements, but I'm on Level 2 Day 3 and I can see results in thighs, arms and tummy. :) Have fun.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319751-30-day-shred-starting-08-22-11
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation in Sedona in early October. I'm doing 30 day shred for the 30 days of September (God willing) - Seeing all the chatter & results on here is why. I absolutely thought it was just another 'weight loss scam' and NEVER would have tried it before. Now I am REALLY excited & trying to get into some condition for it

Good luck!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS & her 6W6P & saw HUGE results. It was hard at first, but just keep going: 30DS is only 25 mins, so just tell yourself that you can do it. By the 2nd week you're like "this is a breeze!" and ready to go & show her what you can do!

If you get a chance, her No More Trouble Zones is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! I got HUGE results on my arms & loaned it to my Baby Sister who is a PT who LOVED it as much as I do (and she is SUPER picky about good workouts!).

If you want, get a calendar & pin it up: the idea is to workout 5 days a week, so if you mark off each day on the calendar & note how you feel before & after each workout you'll "see" your own progress; it's a little self-motivational trick :flowerforyou:
  • adsandve
    adsandve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting ready to start it too! Monday is my first day. Let's do this!
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's rough. I'm not even going to lie. It will be my third night today and my knees are KILLING me! I felt good once I started the work out again last night but man, it's tough. You will cry. And scream. And groan.

But you will also smile when you are done :)
  • wendibartel
    Options
    I just started today. I feel great being able to make it thru the first time. It has been awhile since I worked out with a personal trainer so I was worried I could only do 10 minutes. I also thought she would be a huge meany but so far not to bad. I thought she was encouraging. Then again as I said I just started and she could get worse. Just stay positive. One thing I would suggest is if you are not use to using weights start off using none then progress yourself to 1, 2 3lbs as the workouts get easier. Good luck.,
  • weinbean
    weinbean Posts: 20
    Options
    hi guys! I've been reading up on 3DS here on MFP and it sounds like it is right up my alley! I'm going to buy the first part from Amazon On-Demand to see if I like it... and if so I'm gonna try it all for all of September!
  • statia152
    Options
    LOL I post this at least 3 times a day. Someone was kind enough to forward it to me, so I pay it forward!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7

Just wait 45 seconds and click on 'regular download'. The bookmark the page with the video for future use. The next time you use it, it will open another tab for an advertisement, just close it and click on the play button. ITS FREE!!
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    The 30DS is awesome! I'm halfway through level 2 and I'm loving it! One thing I will say though, don't feel like you have to move to the next level in 10 days if you don't feel ready to!
  • mjh5141
    mjh5141 Posts: 47
    Options
    This may seem like a stupid question, but is this something that my downstairs neighbors are going to complain about? I live on the top floor of my apartment building and would love to do this, but I worry that it'll involve a lot of jumping around and make a lot of noise.
  • statia152
    Options
    Jumping jack and jump rope, its only 30 seconds at a time and you don't have to go high in the air. It should be fine.