Stress/Anxiety weight loss groups?

Options
I was just wondering if there were any groups for people who have problems with stress/anxiety losing weight? I searched but haven't found any.

Replies

• cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    wow, do *I* need an answer to this for sure!!! *bites nails*
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Haha I saw a ton of posts about people having problems with stress and anxiety but none about a group.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    wow, do *I* need an answer to this for sure!!! *bites nails*

Lol, you and me both! (Paces back and forth), seriously though ...it seems as though stress and anxiety can hinder weight loss due to increased levels of cortisol...I find if I am feeling more anxious than usual an extra hard workout or some added time at the gym often pays off in better sleep and the ability to relax a little easier the next day. I'm curious to see how many people respond to this thread, thanks for posting.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    good one!
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    "BUMP"

I too have searched for a group for stress and anxiety weigh loss. People who have responded on the forums don't really "get it". No one does unless they have actually suffered from major stress and real anxiety, not just nervous about an upcoming this or that... but actual anxiety like GAD or something. If anyone finds out of a group or someplace that really helps with this issue... it would be great, and I'm sure it would help so many of us. I know I will be checking back here often to find out if anyone has found anything helpful. (Shakes head, pops a xanax and walks off to do the housecleaning) Ugh!:explode:
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    Should start a group. It would be a perfect group for me. I have social anxiety, and just always nervous in general. Could really use the support and motivation. Only have my husband, don't have any friends. So would love this :embarassed:
  • Zombella
    Options
    Yeah we could always start our own. It would be really nice to have a place to go to talk to others dealing with similar problems and weightloss.
  • Zombella
    Options
    So I started a group for stress/anxiety, anyone can join. I don't really know what goes into running a group haha so if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/322682-stressed-and-getting-healthy-new-group
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    Should start a group. It would be a perfect group for me. I have social anxiety, and just always nervous in general. Could really use the support and motivation. Only have my husband, don't have any friends. So would love this :embarassed:

Ok, I see there are a few of us who think we should start our own group. I think that's a rockin' idea. Problem... do any of us know how to start our own group?? I'll do some more looking today, but as of yet... I have no clue how to start a group. Or join one for that matter.

Suggestions would be great! :huh:
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    Ok, I see there are a few of us who think we should start our own group. I think that's a rockin' idea. Problem... do any of us know how to start our own group?? I'll do some more looking today, but as of yet... I have no clue how to start a group. Or join one for that matter.

Suggestions would be great! :huh:
    Same here!
  • Zombella
    Options
    I started one, but I also have no idea how to run a group lol.