Why MFP for you now?

Options
Like many of you, I have been a life long battler of the bulge. When I was in my teens and early 20's, before my metabolism came to a streaking halt, I would go on what ever ridiculous new fad diet was buzzing around at that moment for about four days, eat everything in sight that weekend to prepare for the next " new leaf turning Monday" and was able to get by thanks to my then super sonic metabolism of youth. In my thirties, post 2 babies and metabolism crash, I spent lots of money and lost lots of pounds using one of the popular systems where you just eat what shows up on your doorstep. When I managed to regain all the pounds but none of my money, I decided that I was done with not eating what I wanted for the rest of my life. That's when I started mfp and so far I think it is just what I need. How about you?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the breakfast buffet they have on the weekends.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    And I lost my pants...:sad:
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the breakfast buffet they have on the weekends.

lmao..
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Im here cause im addicted to social media with a fitness spin lol. I had lost weight before counting calories with this app for my ipod called lose it. But because k dont get wifinon my ipod outsidemof home i needed something i could use the internet on my phone and access, one day i stumbled across mfp anfd ive beem here ever since
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    I've tried just watching it, making better choices, and exercise, and that method got me nowhere.. I feel like I gained.
    So counting calories, watching nutrition, and support are what was missing.. I think.
    I'm hoping this is what I need.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Because I'm tired of being the nerdy fat chick. I want to be the sexy nerdy chick.

Other reasons? I've seen what my dad and his own parents have gone through health wise and I don't want that for myself.

MFP works for me because it's easier for me to input foods and track calories as opposed to other systems that I've tried or other sites I've tried that are so darn user unfriendly and unfriendly in general. I like it here I've met people on here that I can talk with and relate to. It's nice feeling like you belong.

Love the bassett btw! I have that picture on my phone.

Amber
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I started this because I knew that I couldn't follow a "diet". Tracking calories means I can eat whatever I want in moderation, as long as I don't indulge at every meal. It's also making me more aware of what I eat and how much I eat. I no longer eat mindlessly - I'm eating mindfully.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers twice, in separate decades, lol! Lost the weight but it came back and more with a vengance. I wasn't on an exercise program when I did it either. But Weight Watchers uses calorie counting, just changes it into points, and costs too much money, It just wasn't for me anymore.

I joined a gym that's really close to my house, and decided I could count just as well as any program could, so looked for a calorie counter App for my phone.Found MFP and said, "Why not for me now?" I find I eat more food on MFP than I ever did on WW, and my weekly results have been better than they ever were on any other program. This is something I will be doing for the rest of my life, that has the ability to help me with maintenance, once I get there. :smile:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like the immediate gratification of posting my exercise/food log and getting positive feedback.

It seems a bit silly to me, but hey, whatever works.