Who else has a Bodybugg, Bodymedia or another calorie managm

Options
Well, I've been using a Bodybugg and LOVE it.

I was wondering if any one else here has one.

God bless!

Replies

• MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about getting one...but not too sure I could handle wearing it 24/7

Do you even have to sleep with it on?
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have been debating between the bodybugg and the bodymedia fit. do you really like the bodybugg? does it work very well? someone told me if you are not moving ur arms it does not tract calories burned right.
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    I have a Bugg and I love it! Their online food diary it terrible (I hear BodyMedia's is better), so I log all of my food here. I created an exercise here called "bodybugg" and just input my total calories burned every day. It screws up the MyFitnessPal math though.

At the end of the day, my "Net" calories on MFP is a negative number, representing my calorie deficit. All I care about is that number, so it all works out in the end.

I've lost 49lbs since strapping my Bugg on in April!

To quickly answer some of the other questions:

I wear mine at night. You get used to it. It's good to give your arm a break though, so you don't have to wear it to bed.

The Bugg isn't 100% accurate, but it's a hckl of a lot more accurate than the exercise estimations on this site. Google "how does a bodybugg work" for a fancy schmancy scientific explanation! ;)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    To Manda...

It says to wear it "no more" than 23 hours a day. But if you don't wear it at night, when you put it on in the morning it "counts" the calories you burned while sleeping by using some sort of average.

I like to sleep in it, but that's just me.

It felt weird at first, but after wearing it for a while I got used to it. Now I sometimes forget that I'm wearing it until it brushes up against something or someone asks about it. Just like any accessory or piece of jewelry.

I LOVE it. It's really helping me reach my goals, and makes me feel like I'm in control of my own success.

God bless!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I'd like to know that too!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    i have been debating between the bodybugg and the bodymedia fit. do you really like the bodybugg? does it work very well? someone told me if you are not moving ur arms it does not tract calories burned right.

I LOVE my Bodybugg. I don't know who told you it's not accurate, tests have shown it to be 90% accurate. And when I wake up in the morning it says I burned about 500 calories overnight in my sleep.

It measures your pulse, your temp, and your movements. Then it takes all three measurements and converts it into your calories burned.

Love mine!

God bless!
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    To Manda...

It says to wear it "no more" than 23 hours a day. But if you don't wear it at night, when you put it on in the morning it "counts" the calories you burned while sleeping by using some sort of average.

It felt weird at first, but after wearing it for a while I got used to it. Now I sometimes forget that I'm wearing it until it brushes up against something or someone asks about it. Just like any accessory or piece of jewelry.

I LOVE it. It's really helping me reach my goals, and makes me feel like I'm in control of my own success.

God bless!

Thanks so much for the info! I've been wanting one for a while. May be asking the hubby to get me one for Christmas :)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    I have a Bugg and I love it! Their online food diary it terrible (I hear BodyMedia's is better), so I log all of my food here. I created an exercise here called "bodybugg" and just input my total calories burned every day. It screws up the MyFitnessPal math though.

At the end of the day, my "Net" calories on MFP is a negative number, representing my calorie deficit. All I care about is that number, so it all works out in the end.

I'm not a HUGE fan of the online food diary, but I still use it. I have foods that i eat on a regular basis so I have created the nutrition information for them. I use the online diary because then I can track everything with my smart phone.

I simply don't understand the MFP's calculations and net cals and all that.

God bless!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options

I'd like to know that too!

Actually, I do sleep with it on usually. Unless it needs to get charged. But you don't HAVE too. You just get more accurate measurements if you do. If you don't wear it, it uses an "avearge."

God bless!
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options

I'm not a HUGE fan of the online food diary, but I still use it. I have foods that i eat on a regular basis so I have created the nutrition information for them. I use the online diary because then I can track everything with my smart phone.

God bless!

I spent a week entering food information on both sites. Once I added the "bodybugg" exercise to MFP, the "Net" number was the same as the "Calorie Balance" number on the BB site. Their math is the same, just displayed differently.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I just ordered a bodymedia fit yesterday, then this morning I decided I really wanted the display for it too and ordered it this morning...both items should be here on Monday and I can't wait! I'm a little bit of a gadget freak. Part of me is worried that I'll discover that my normal daily burn is abnormally low or something, but knowledge is power! I can't wait to compare the calorie burns from it and my HRM. I also am looking forward to the sleep analysis part of the device. I wake up a LOT during the night lately.

Thanks babs for posting about how you make a bodybugg entry in the exercise diary of this site. I was wondering how to handle that, as I've read that the bodymedia food entry log doesn't have much in it, and I've already got a lot of recipes and such on MFP. Your method sounds like just the ticket!

I also read some reviews that driving in a car would mess it up (it would think you were moving or something) and that using an exercycle (as I do very often) might not register correctly, but we will see!

ssdivot
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    To Manda...

God bless!

Thanks so much for the info! I've been wanting one for a while. May be asking the hubby to get me one for Christmas :)

You are welcome :) Good luck with your wish list. :)

God bless!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options

God bless!

I spent a week entering food information on both sites. Once I added the "bodybugg" exercise to MFP, the "Net" number was the same as the "Calorie Balance" number on the BB site. Their math is the same, just displayed differently.

How did you enter the Bodybugg exercise info on the MFP?

God bless!