Substituting with Almond Milk

Options
McFatterton
McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
Can I use almond milk as a substitute for regular milk in anything? Mainly pancakes and pudding since those are the two things I want to make. I'm assuming I can, but just want to be sure.

TIA!

Replies

• DollHouseKiera
    Options
    I've never had a problem substituting almond milk in anything cooked or baked (pancakes, cakes, etc) but I can never get instant pudding or protein ice cream to set up properly if i dont use at least half cows milk.*

*your mileage may vary
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    It all i use now well over three years. I cant tell a difference in anything now.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I substitute it in most things and don't notice a difference. But you cannot use it for pudding, as it requires the casein in milk in order to set.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever used it in was pancakes and waffles, and it was fine. I'd like to get back into drinking almond milk...
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time now. If it calls for milk I use my almond milk
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes its a very low calorie substitute....but make sure it is for those basic purposes only and alternate with fat free dairy milk too as that contains alot of protein that you need and makes an excellent post workout meal. because of its sugars and protein combo. almond milk has very minimal little protein 1g per cup.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    The only thing I have an issue with is pastries/stuff that needs to rise. However, this may be due to altitude and/or my own baking ineptitudes.