Help! I need help! I sooooo need help!!!

Options
Since Thanksgiving, I have fallen totally off the wagon right square dab in the middle of a pile of chocolate manure (and anything else I can get a hold of). :sad: :sad: :sad:

I can't even get up out of the chocolate manure long enough to climb back into the wagon. :sad:

I have gained 3 pounds, my new clothes that I had just bought are now getting tight again. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm mad, disgusted with myself and totally depressed that I cannot stay logged in here and keep the crap out of my mouth. I'm sad. :sad: :sad:

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Since Thanksgiving, I have fallen totally off the wagon right square dab in the middle of a pile of chocolate manure (and anything else I can get a hold of). :sad: :sad: :sad:

I can't even get up out of the chocolate manure long enough to climb back into the wagon. :sad:

I have gained 3 pounds, my new clothes that I had just bought are now getting tight again. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm mad, disgusted with myself and totally depressed that I cannot stay logged in here and keep the crap out of my mouth. I'm sad. :sad: :sad:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this, I too gained 3lbs (in the past week), and it just doesn't seem to wanna shift!
    Doesn't matter what I do, I can be good all day, then bang! I suddenly NEED chocolate, or like last night, pistachios :cry:
    I seem to manage my 1,470 calories + any I burn up, and then just as I think I've been good all day, I lose it, and the wagon rolls down the hill right in front of me:cry:

I wouldn't mind as much, but here in the UK, we don't have thanksgiving, I just guess stress has got the better of me later :sad:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

What's done is done all you can do is change today. :smile:
    Try to remove temptation from the house and replace it with healthy alternatives so when you get the urge to munch you can have yummy carrots and cucumbers instead?
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    What's done is done all you can do is change today. :smile:
    Try to remove temptation from the house and replace it with healthy alternatives so when you get the urge to munch you can have yummy carrots and cucumbers instead?

i agree with nicky! Today is a brand new day and you can change what you eat right this minute. I can remember falling off the wagon and trying desperately to get back on track - it's frustrating and a real downer....this is what helped me...i literally had to take it hour by hour....if i could just make through one hour of not being bad then i was one step closer to having a good day....and i would just talk myself out of things every hour until it was bedtime...a few days of that and i was better....also - if you are dying for a treat, eat some veggies or some protein first and drink a big bottle of water....if you STILL want something then have a little (like a few chocolate chips or some sugar free hot cocoa)....you can do it! i know you can! you have done it in the past and if you have to hang your new outfit in the middle of your kitchen as a reminder of your past success then do it! :flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well, we can put a positive spin on it. If you resolve today to jump back on the wagon and tape yourself down to it, then maybe all this "cheating" you've been doing will SHOCK your body into doing some serious weight. Bye bye 3 lb, plus a few more. It is hard, but you can do it without a doubt. You've already done 18 lb. Keep up the great work.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I think weight gain is part of not just the holidays but the cold weather being inside and the cost of food. I can remember over the summer so many delicious fruits and veges were on sale now there so expensive but all the comfort food a lot in boxes are hitting the shelf on sale I mean when bored why not have a little snack. I know first hand logging everything in shows me how much I like to eat but how quickly it adds up. All's I can say is NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS! I try and remember that and that motto is enough for me to get my butt on that elliptical and pilate. After all who want s to do it every day I know I don't. But I hear ya on all that and then some I'm a stay at home mom. Worst part our other vehicle is broken at the moment sothat means I'm stuck at home all day untill my other half gets home. That's sheer boredom in it's self. Try not ot snack then plus in MN it's -1 outside. That don't help my cause anymore.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.

And my FIRST step in getting back on track is to get back to myfitnesspal. I am going to start religiously recording my food again AND I'm going to exercise today.

This is MY LIFE. I am into healthy habits for the long haul, not just the short term.

So, I'm dusting off my cross trainers and putting down my cake fork for a while until my pants aren't so tight again.

I control how tight my pants are and I'm doing something about it right now.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am in a same way in the boat. Its FRUSTRATING> Its also this time of year people push food at you(especially for me today when my admistrator was walking around with baklava and was standing right there for us all to take a piece, thats just a time when you HAVE to do it) but up the work outs and switch out for gum when you feel the hungries coming on. Its small tips but they will work
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Well, since I left the original post, I have been horrible. Eating, eating, eating, Last night there were 3 of us that got together to make holiday goodies. I made toffee, which I adore, and ate and ate and ate. But, this morning when I got up, all I wanted was clean good food. No sweets and all day I haven't craved any. Even at the office I just looked at the stuff and went on. So, maybe I am sick of the crap foods and am ready to start riding back on top of the wagon instead of being run over by it. :bigsmile: We can all get through these holidays, we just have to keep logging and being on MFP.

Thanks everyone!

:drinker:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    sometimes it takes a few hours of goody-sweets-junky-fatty-food-overload to make you sick of the bad stuff...i think it's good to have a few of those days sporadically....for me it lets me give in to my sweet tooth and then it gives me a long stretch of time when i am ok and not having major cravings....1 day of bad for 30 day of good seems like a fair trade off to me