Too Much?

Options
I was just wondering if you over exercise? I am doing P90 right now but I also have turbo jam and want to also do that but Im wondering if that is too much working out in one day or if I should just wait and do that after my 90 days?
Thanks for the help and everyone keep your head up high and reach your goals!

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if you over exercise? I am doing P90 right now but I also have turbo jam and want to also do that but Im wondering if that is too much working out in one day or if I should just wait and do that after my 90 days?
    Thanks for the help and everyone keep your head up high and reach your goals!
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    i don't know what the P90 and Turbo Jam are but i workout 2 times on my mondays because i love my 1 hour zumba and i love my 1.5 hour cycle class...i burn about 1200 cals on that day just in exercise....so you can exercise a lot but you MUST eat those calories (that can end up being a whole lot of food)...and you should have an easy day the following day - like just a light walk or a yoga class....i failed to eat all those calories and over the course of a year paid the price by gaining weight...i have just learned in the last few weeks how important it is to eat all of your calories otherwise your body will get cranky with ya!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as exercising too much. As long as you're eating back the calories, stopping if you feel pain, faint or dizzy, and giving yourself adequate time between workouts (including rest days) then it's probably ok. But seriously, if you burn like 1000 calories in a day of working out, make sure you're eating 1000 extra calories back. If you expect your body to work overtime, you need to fuel it adequately.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    That is my problem. Sometimes I find that Im really not that hungry so Im just pushing myself to eat at least 1200 calories let alone having to eat 2000!

Any suggestions?
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    That is my problem. Sometimes I find that Im really not that hungry so Im just pushing myself to eat at least 1200 calories let alone having to eat 2000!

Any suggestions?

i have this problem on mondays when i am trying to eat 2300 calories..i just don't have room for that much food so i add almond butter to my protein shake (that's an automatic 200 cals for 2 Tbs), i add olive oil or avocado to my meals - again...lots of cals for a small amount so you don't have to stuff yourself ..sunflower seeds and almonds pack in cals too....plus it's all good fats which your body will be happy with
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Any suggestions?

well you have 2 options then

1) stop exercising. completely. no walks, no stregth training. nothing. Because your body is not being fueled to do those things.

2) start eating more. It should not be a struggle to get to 1200 calories. Simply put, you did not get to your current weight by eating 1200 calories a day so you and I both know that you can eat more calories than that without stuffing yourself. Choose higher calorie, but healthy foods like cheese, nuts, bananas, avacados, milk, etc etc etc. Plan your days out. add more calories to your morning so that you don't have to eat 1000 calories for supper.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd say... stick to the P90 schedule until you've completed it. Then, once done with that switch over and give Turbo Jam a full out try :)