Optimizing diet and workout to lose last 10 pounds

Options
Hello!

I'm Terfy and I'm 29 years old and weigh 141 pounds. I have been trying to lose 10 pounds for the last three years. I know I'm at a healthy weight for my height (5' 5"), but it bugs me that I can't seem to lose the 10 pounds I put on during my college years. I was at 128-130 pounds before college and my clothes fit better. I believe it's possible to get rid of the annoying extra weight and it's going to take some serious calorie counting to do it. My friends and I eat out A LOT and I know that greatly hinders my efforts because it's harder to count calories when you're not preparing your own meals. I have maintained my current weight for five years now, but I'm determined to lose the extra weight.

Currently I'm starting a self designed low carb diet. I'm very physically active thanks to my job and hobbies, but I know I eat more than I should a majority of the time. I'm going to focus more on controlling my calorie intake and start a complementary workout routine (muscle toning) to shed those last 10 pounds.

(I usually start something like this, lose three pounds, get out of routine, and gain it right back a few weeks later. It's very annoying. Hopefully the roller coaster ends here ;)

If anyone has accomplished losing their last ten pounds I would love to hear about it!!

Replies

• portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Terfy and I'm 29 years old and weigh 141 pounds. I have been trying to lose 10 pounds for the last three years. I know I'm at a healthy weight for my height (5' 5"), but it bugs me that I can't seem to lose the 10 pounds I put on during my college years. I was at 128-130 pounds before college and my clothes fit better. I believe it's possible to get rid of the annoying extra weight and it's going to take some serious calorie counting to do it. My friends and I eat out A LOT and I know that greatly hinders my efforts because it's harder to count calories when you're not preparing your own meals. I have maintained my current weight for five years now, but I'm determined to lose the extra weight.

Currently I'm starting a self designed low carb diet. I'm very physically active thanks to my job and hobbies, but I know I eat more than I should a majority of the time. I'm going to focus more on controlling my calorie intake and start a complementary workout routine (muscle toning) to shed those last 10 pounds.

(I usually start something like this, lose three pounds, get out of routine, and gain it right back a few weeks later. It's very annoying. Hopefully the roller coaster ends here ;)

If anyone has accomplished losing their last ten pounds I would love to hear about it!!

look in to an alkalizing diet, and intermittent fasting, combine both.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    welcome :)

I've lost 11lbs so far, but it's been slow going (my own laziness/lack of self control is to blame, of course). Just stick with it! persistence is the best trick.

feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I started here in March with only 21 pounds to lose and so my last 10 came fast. It is true what everyone says , they will be the hardest to lose. the trick for me was to listen to all the good advice and research which told me to lose it s l o w l y.

Re-set your calorie goals to 1/2 loss per week (which is a 250 calorie deficit) or less. I actually only had a daily calorie deficit of 150 because I wanted to be realistic about the foods I like to eat and not deprive myself of them.

It also became VERY important to be accurate with food measuring and calorie burns. I have both a food scale and HRM. I did continue to do alot of cardio to burn calories and I ate all of them back. I also added strength training and I still do it now that I've lost all I wanted to.

I'm not sure that I would go low-carb or greatly reduce any one part of my diet, because whatever you do now, you will want to be able to sustain that. If you make drastic changes and not keep with them, the weight is likely to come bac. So think about the future and how you want to live and eat :bigsmile:

Best of Luck! You can do this!