Anyone that's lost weight.......

Options
How long does it take? I just started this site not even a week ago but I'm getting impatient. I think i'm expecting to much. It doesn't take long to put it on but to take it off does. I can't believe how quickly the cals add up though before I found this site I thought a lot of my food choices and stuff were good oh no they weren't. I record everything that goes into my mouth I found I excessively eat in my opinion. I want it off so bad I start college soon and I feel so bad about the way I look. Chris(my other half) tells me everyday how beautiful I am and all that good stuff. But I don't see it does anyone else feel that way? I should love myself but I really don't I hate the way I look. I think it'll be better when I start seeing the #s on the scale drop but how long for that to happen? Anyone have any words of hope or wisdom?

Replies

• aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    How long does it take? I just started this site not even a week ago but I'm getting impatient. I think i'm expecting to much. It doesn't take long to put it on but to take it off does. I can't believe how quickly the cals add up though before I found this site I thought a lot of my food choices and stuff were good oh no they weren't. I record everything that goes into my mouth I found I excessively eat in my opinion. I want it off so bad I start college soon and I feel so bad about the way I look. Chris(my other half) tells me everyday how beautiful I am and all that good stuff. But I don't see it does anyone else feel that way? I should love myself but I really don't I hate the way I look. I think it'll be better when I start seeing the #s on the scale drop but how long for that to happen? Anyone have any words of hope or wisdom?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race! right? that is how you have to look at this. It's a life change not a quick fix. :flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat the right number of calories...and the RIGHT calories. If you dont' eat so many processed and packaged foods, it's amazing how much you can eat and how fast the weight comes off!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 4 weeks now. I lost 5 pounds the first week, but I ate extremely well. It's been slow after that, but I've eaten out more, more sweets, ect.

My co-worker who joined me didn't lose a single pound the first few weeks, but just lost 2 this past week.

I think it really depends on your body, age, genetics, and how hard you work at it.

LOG EVERYTHING and take in good foods. Veggies, lean meats, less sodium.

Just stick with it. This site is a learning lesson on what and how to eat...the weight will come off if you do it right.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it took me 2 weeks to lose my first pound, and another 2 to lose my second. Patience! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site since May and only started losing weight a month ago.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    slow and steady, losing weight quickly has never worked for me :flowerforyou:

i have lost almost 40 pounds with slow and steady and i know it will stay off :drinker:
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It's different for everybody...
    I lost 8lbs my first month here, I logged EVERYTHING, and hardly ever went over my calorie limits, and I always eat my exercise calories too!

If you find yourself becoming impatient, I would suggest measuring yourself once a week, for a while instead of using the scale too often. Scales can be deceiving ( I learned that very quickly) but measurements tell the truth :wink:

:drinker: Stay motivated!