When did people start to notice your weight loss & when..

Options
I just would like to hear as many answers as possible as a little motivation. I was doing great went from 210-176. (186-176 with MFP) and fell off and think (think being bc I wont weight myself right now) I probably went back up to about 187ish? when I got this new job.
Anyway!
When did you notice, others started to notice you were losing weight? 5 pounds? 10 pounds? 15?-20? ect?
Obviously a lot has to do with your starting weight to begin with so feel free to add that in.
Im wondering at my weight if im around 187 and lost even 10 pounds if that would even be noticeable to other people or not until 15/20 pounds or so.

Thanks =]

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    bout 20 for me
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just would like to hear as many answers as possible as a little motivation. I was doing great went from 210-176. (186-176 with MFP) and fell off and think (think being bc I wont weight myself right now) I probably went back up to about 187ish? when I got this new job.
    Anyway!
    When did you notice, others started to notice you were losing weight? 5 pounds? 10 pounds? 15?-20? ect?
    Obviously a lot has to do with your starting weight to begin with so feel free to add that in.
    Im wondering at my weight if im around 187 and lost even 10 pounds if that would even be noticeable to other people or not until 15/20 pounds or so.

Thanks =]
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I hope they notice soon. Or they should. Just hope someone speaks up soon and give you some great encouragment
  • cibolodave
    Options
    20 pound mark
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    People who didn't know I was doing anything... over 30 lbs.
  • Malonsky
    Malonsky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Arielle,
    January 2010, I weighed 285. and decided to get serious about my weight loss. Over the next few months I was really droppng the weight. Probably about 20 pounds in, people started commenting on my appearance, but I really did not notice anything myself. Probably because I had always seen myself as "big" so it was harder for me to see the change. I FINALLY noticed about 40-50 pounds in, mainly becuase old clothes that I had not worn in a few years finally started fitting again, AND I was able to wear XL shirts again. THEN, I watched an old video of me when I was 285, and that REALLY made me realize what I had done.
    SO my feeling is that sometimes we are hardest on ourselves when we are looking for that "change" in appearance.
    I have since been back up as high as 260, and have just gotten serious again and am down to around 245. I still think I look as big as I was. I don't know if that is the right attitude to have. But I use it as a "push" and try not to let it be a "downer."
    BTW, great job of the loss that you had already done! It shoes that you CAN accomplish it in the end!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i started at 209 lb, i started walking an hour 4 times a week, i didnt change my feral diet.
    I got down to about 187 and i noticed that my clothes wernt as tight and My face was less fat.
    I continued and went down to about 185 and i couldnt budge for months and months, so then i cut my chips, coke and hotdog out of my diet (every day!!!!). I got down to 171 and realised i wasnt going to get any lower without changes! So i portioned my foods, cut my meals in half. I was hungry at first, but then my stomach constricted.
    I have been on MFP since March I think, I cant budge my weight, it says you will but its really hard for me. I am unhealthy eater, i dislike fruit, veg and most meats, really picky, i will try new foods but this is my undoing! I have been at 165 for a few months and have slowly been fluctuation down and back on 165 which is driving me nuts, its hard to reach a healthy weight range with my eating habits. I have done one workout on turbo fire yesterday and my second will be today, i hope it works and I hope i finally get to 147 so i can see what i look like in my skin whether to go further or just be happy... I am big busted so its hard to tell how low i can go without being mutant. My other struggle is time, if i dont see results i get disheartened and struggle to stick to consecutive workouts.....fingers crossed!
    It is now that people are comparing my b4 and after pics going that isnt u!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    At about 30 for me because I was so heavy. Starting weight was 302. After that it was about every 10 pounds. The people at work really noticed today! Company picnic and I came in with size 12 jeans and a tucked in shirt. (I still have big hips) It is so worth the effort to lose the weight.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    7 lbs. But I was only 140 to start with.
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'd say around 15-20.... but I didn't start to notice until after 35 pounds or so. I also need to start strength training. I walk.. A LOT!! but I need some definition in my body.
  • cree_d
    cree_d Posts: 22
    Options
    I noticed after 5 pounds, but when I get over 280 I feel horrible (why can't that happen at 145?!?) I mostly stayed at 275 for years and if I went up at all I'd lose it pretty quick. This time I just decided to keep going :) I think subconsciously I was trying to eat as much junk as possible without feeling completely ill... I had one friend notice after about 20 pounds, but she's very aware of other people's weight, some family noticed I looked "different" after about 30 but couldn't figure out why, and a guy at the gym had his eyes nearly pop out of his head after 45 pounds and a new workout outfit. I guess that was an NSV, lol...
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    some noticed at 15 some have just noticed lol sw:182 Cw: 145ish? 2 weeks ago it was 138 :( boo 5ft 3