Share Chicken recipes

Options
StevLL
StevLL Posts: 921 Member
Some MFP friends asked for recipies so I thought I would start threading them. My dream is to open a small greasy spoon for retirement and I've come up with three menu's over the years with the last being Smokin' Fatboy's Grill. My wife bought me a smoker for my birthday a few years ago and that hooked me. So here is one of my menu items. it's one of our favorite and it does have some heat, but you can tone it down or turn it up by adjusting the Tapatio. Personally I like it turbo-charged!:devil:

I'd love to try other chicken idea's and will try to share a recipe each week. :-)

Smokin' Fatboy's Tapatio/Peach grilled chicken.
Chicken Thighs/Breast/qtrs/whole Chickens
Weber - Grill Creations - Garlic-n-Herb, 2 tbsp. or your own favorite
Weber grill creations Kickin' Chicken spice - 2 tbsp into mix or your own favorite seasoning with heat in it.
Heinz - White Vinegar - 1 cup
Heinz - Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 cups
Tapatio - Hot Sauce, 4 tbsp
Peaches - Raw, small hand squished into mix
Fresh Squeezed - Lime Juice, 1 Lime you can add any cirus you like too.
(this is enough to marinate 2 whole chickens, 12 boneless/skilles breasts, 20 thighs half with skin/bones and half without.
It's a cold brine with only the sodium in the seasonings I used. When I use my own dry rub blend I add about 2tbsp of sea salt.
Place chicken in pot, pour in mix, then add water till the chicken is fully covered, let it sit 4-6 hours then cook it however you want. I add more spice on it once it hits the grill and I use coals, Mequite and Apple or Peach wood to grill it or smoke it.

Replies

• rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    sounds totally tasty! Now when am I invited to dinner lol
  • StevLL
    Options
    Come on over rj and bring the whole family I'll throw more on the grill. Actually I probably have more than enough we put on 20 thoighs and 12 breasts and I have the two whole chickens stuffed with Patty Pan squash in the the oven roasting. We had tried expandng our fare so it was differentall the time, but found we do better and it's easier to plan out one or two types of meals, cook up a bigbatch and then freeze and eat, less hassle and more consistency have proven to be our key to succesful weeks. :-) It would be fub to get together. If we ever drive to seeour niece in Oklahoma we wouldn't be too far.
  • maews
    maews Posts: 39
    Options
    We bought a smoker a while back and does it ever give flavor to the food! We take it camping or use it out back when we cook out.
  • StevLL
    Options
    We bought a smoker a while back and does it ever give flavor to the food! We take it camping or use it out back when we cook out.

That's awesome! I joined an online BBQ club a few years back and I caught the bug. I have to save up for one, but I'd like one big enough to tow so I can do some competitions. I tend to go to extremes once I hook my teeth into something. Not sure how Hoots puts up with me sometimes, but she's a good sport she tries just about any mystery dish I come up with. :-)
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was just Awesome Babe. All chicken, even the skinless/boneless breasts (which can sometimes come out dry)- were extremely moist. I give dinner tonight an A+. Job well done! :drinker: