It's a lifetime commitment, not a fad!

Options
I joined Gold's Gym about 4 months ago. I had lost nearly 80 pounds in the last couple years. Then I got "satisfied" and put 35 pounds back on in no time at all. I have been going to the gym religiously and have knocked off 15 of those "regained" pounds. I'll make it back and eventually get to my goal weight, but I am a perfect example of "it's a lifetime change, not a fad!"

Replies

• valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reminder! You will get back to where you were.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Amen! It's easy to get complacent, and then the weight starts to creep back up...... I lost 60 lbs 7 years ago, and I've slowly put on 15 of them over the last two years. Not going after it as fiercely as I need ~ thanks for the reminder!:smile:
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    I feel the same way. I got in a comfortable relationship and let myself go a little bit, after I had worked so hard to lose all my weight. I was 225lbs and got to 155.lbs. Then, after I gained back atleast 30lbs, I found out I was pregnant. Any prego mom would know those cravings are no joke. And I gained it all back and then some! So I'm in the same boat. 35lbs shouldn't seem so much now should it! lol
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I agree. I too have lost weight way too many times. I am taking it slower this time and paying more attention to my behavior. Congrats and keep up the good work.