Ladies, what's a good time for your man to work out?

Options
OK ladies, I'm going to confess...I struggle with finding a balanced time to work out, knowing that I'm going to leave my Mrs. alone at the house and not be able to chat/relate. I personally don't have a set time to work out, as some times I just get up and go; sometimes, I sneak out when I notice my wife is locked into reading a book; and, sometimes I do the early AM gig.

Anyway, my schitzo approach to a time to working out isn't very effective, so I thought I'd ask the forum, what time do you prefer your man to work out?

Early Mornings, before you wake up?
Afternoons when he's at work?
Early evenings, and make dinner later?
Evenings, after dinner?

Hmmm, maybe I should be asking this differently...when do you want your man exercising so you can have some quiet time for self?

Replies

• Coach2010
    Options
    OK ladies, I'm going to confess...I struggle with finding a balanced time to work out, knowing that I'm going to leave my Mrs. alone at the house and not be able to chat/relate. I personally don't have a set time to work out, as some times I just get up and go; sometimes, I sneak out when I notice my wife is locked into reading a book; and, sometimes I do the early AM gig.

Anyway, my schitzo approach to a time to working out isn't very effective, so I thought I'd ask the forum, what time do you prefer your man to work out?

Early Mornings, before you wake up?
    Afternoons when he's at work?
    Early evenings, and make dinner later?
    Evenings, after dinner?

Hmmm, maybe I should be asking this differently...when do you want your man exercising so you can have some quiet time for self?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I would be thrilled if my guy would actually work out, and really wouldn't care what time he did it. I suppose it would be easiest for him to just go to the gym on his lunch hour, though.
  • mamamouse
    Options
    In the evening after the kid's are in bed so I can either do my own workout tape or have a blessed few minutes to myself.
    Would she be interested in working out with you. Sometimes my husband and I alternate 15 minutes treadmill and a P90x dvd. It breaks up the cardio/strength and it is quality time in eachothers presence.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you asking your wife? She knows what would work better for her.

My husband works in the home (computer programer), so I'd be happy if he ever left to work out.

I realize that you find time whenever to work out, but is there one time or another that feels better to you? Is the early morning easier than the evening? Or right after work? If one time works better for you, I would ask your wife if it works for her too. See if she minds if you set it up as a regular gig.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Between all the sports I play, my b/f's sports and school...we make a date night. Whether it be once a week like it used to or every other week like it is now...we SET a date night.

It's great. I look forward to them.

PS...right now our date night fluctuates, since he has finals and needing study time, but we still plan one. Tonight we're seeing a movie. Haven't been to a movie in months!

He can work out when ever he wants, which is normally during his lunch time at work. I wouldn't care. Being healthy is important to me and him. I work out in the PM now, right after work, and if he wants time with me...he has to wait. :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    "quiet time for self????" :huh:

What are these strange words you speak??? :laugh:

I agree with PetmyBunny, ask her when she would like her alone time! :smile:
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Thanks so far for the responses. I just thought of this topic this Morning, and so I'd thought I'd bring it before y'all ;-)

It's kind of interesting though to hear the response though, that I am encouraged by.

I will ask tonight, as I check back periodically to read your responses.