help me stop hating?

Lamkinam
Lamkinam Posts: 6 Member
edited October 1 in Motivation and Support
I went from 186 pounds to 159 in 6 months. Now I am am 165. I fear that I am going to gain all of my weight back because I have lost all motivation. I am not happy with myself and I don't want to go back down the path of self loathing. I am working out more than usually having upped my exersise time, but I just binge sometimes. I need your words of help.

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    I went from 186 pounds to 159 in 6 months. Now I am am 165. I fear that I am going to gain all of my weight back because I have lost all motivation. I am not happy with myself and I don't want to go back down the path of self loathing. I am working out more than usually having upped my exersise time, but I just binge sometimes. I need your words of help.

Misfitx, don't let the scale own your happiness and peace of mind. You are not a number. You are a person. When you look at yourself, you have to see a person and not a number.

Write yourself a "Dear Beautiful" letter. Date your letter. In it, I want you to tell yourself why you are beautiful. Don't mention anything about your weight in your letter. This letter is about you and why you are beautiful. A person's weight will never make them beautiful.

Buy a frame for your letter and put it on your bed stand. Every morning after you've said your prayers and at night after you've said your prayers, read your letter to yourself. Wake up and go to bed knowing that you are beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.