Pomegranate Seeds

Options
Anyone know if there is any reasons NOT to eat the seeds? Could they be hard to digest? I know the juice is great, but I was wondering about the hard seed inside the little sacks of juice.

MAHALO!:happy:

Replies

• elementzdesigns
    Options
    Anyone know if there is any reasons NOT to eat the seeds? Could they be hard to digest? I know the juice is great, but I was wondering about the hard seed inside the little sacks of juice.

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I asked this question about 2 months ago. You can eat the seeds. someone told me they have lots of fibre in them, I like eating the seeds way better, its easier and less messy. :flowerforyou: mmm yummy, now I want one!
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Thanks for the Info!

You are doing amazing by the way! I can tell by the smiles on your pictures that you are feeling better and better about yourself!!!
  • mugz28sc
    Options
    No problem eating those seeds...God they are soooo good...best way to eat them is to cut them in half and put them in water so the seeds can loosen up. Then you take the halves and tap it with a large spoon to release all the seeds into a bowl, once you got a bowl's full, then eat it with the spoon...talking about this makes me want to go by some right now...but yea, there's no problems eating the seeds, it's got a lot of fiber, too
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    mahalo!!:flowerforyou:

I love love love pomegranate seeds. They are a treat when I have time to set up a bowl. I eat 1/2 a fruit in one sitting.

I put the seeds in a bowl and eat them with a spoon!! Seeds and all!

Great fiber content and the juicy sweet/sour tast is yummy!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    As children we did not have pomegranate juice just the fruit. Mom used to cut the fruit in half and we would sit and pick the seeds out one at a time.
    The Pomegranate is very high in Iron and roughage and will keep children busy for hours whilst they are picking the seeds/pits out and discarding the white pith.

Buy them from your local Veg and Fruit shop/supermarket and see how much better they taste than the concentrated juice.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Thanks all!

Headed to costco for a lg bag of pomegranate. I will keep them at my store to make sure I have plenty on hand when I need a snack.

48490.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Because they are the food of the dead.
    Hope somebody gets that.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I eat the seeds all the time. Nothing wrong with them.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When preparing pomegranites... if you are getting the seeds out yourself...

1.) Cut the fruit into sections of halves and soak in a bowl of cold water.
    2.) After about 10 minutes (or longer) start separating the seeds from the pulp in the bowl of water. The seeds will float to the bottom and the pulp will float.
    3.) When done, skim the pulp off the top and then all of your seeds will be at the bottom of the bowl, ready for eatin'!

I LOVE these things :) I eat the seed part, too... no harm. I haven't grown a pomegranite tree in my tummy yet ;)