WTH Is This Pain Behind My Knee???

Options
For the past week I have had this annoying pain behind my knee. It's more like a 'soar' pain not a 'sharp' pain. It doesn't hurt after I rest it, but after a 2-3 mile run it hurts and it will hurt the rest of the day/night. Stick your leg out. Now grab the side of your leg where your knee bends. That's where it hurts.

Does anyone know what this is??? I'm assuming it's coming from over use (guess I'll have to chill out) and maybe my running form? Help!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    For the past week I have had this annoying pain behind my knee. It's more like a 'soar' pain not a 'sharp' pain. It doesn't hurt after I rest it, but after a 2-3 mile run it hurts and it will hurt the rest of the day/night. Stick your leg out. Now grab the side of your leg where your knee bends. That's where it hurts.

Does anyone know what this is??? I'm assuming it's coming from over use (guess I'll have to chill out) and maybe my running form? Help!
    PCL or possibly just tendinitis. Only way to tell is to get it checked. I'm going with tendinitis since it's very common.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Could it be Iliotibial band syndrome - google it - quite a common "runners issue" apparently....
  • vlrouse
    vlrouse Posts: 1
    Options
    could be a bakers cyst-if rest ice and advil dont help see your dr
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've had iliotibial band syndrome in the past. It was more of a sharp pain and it's on the outside side of the kneecap, not behind it. So not sure that would be the issue. Mine seemed to be brought on by a new pair of shoes. Ended up switching shoes and wearing a knee brace until it went away.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Well that knee issue I had was tendinitis but its on the outside of my knee. They did say it could have been from pushing so hard and at the time I was running a lot so I could assume its the same thing. But I am not saying that is what it is for you.