Anyone else have a not so supportive spouse????

Options
I opted to make a healthy choice for supper tonight for me and one of my dinner quests and my spouse was kinda nasty about it. How frusterating!!!!!!!!! He eats really bad and could do better but seems to be getting picky about my new found choices and eats.........Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• Movingonforbetter
    Options
    Keep in mine the other dinner quest won't eat veggies. Only meat and taters.......
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people can get a little negative because they don't have the will-power to change their own habits. They can feel a bit jealous and worried that they will be left behind. Don't take it personally, just add it to the list of things that motivate you. You can show them! You can do this! YOU WILL DO THIS!!
  • dmw907
    dmw907 Posts: 14
    Options
    Is he overweight? I think sometimes people who are not prepared to change mask their insecurity about their weight and get defensive by putting other peoples healthy choices down. I have a sister that is like this. She acts like I'm vain for wanting to change and attacks my choices. I think that just her knowing that I am doing what her subconsious wants makes her hostile towards me. It feels like sometimes she is putting me down for prioritizing healthy habits. Don't let it ruin your mojo! Just be strong and positive and know the only reason he is probably making you feel that way is because he is resentful for having to be faced with his own issues. He'll admire all your hard work and success in the end.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    At first my husband wan't really too supportive. He encouraged me to get healthy, but he refused to eat healthy. Now that he's deployed, I'm getting healthy and losing the pounds. BUT when he gets home I'm gonna have to cook the stuff he eats, but modify my portions.
  • arw060310
    Options
    you`re gonna HAVE to cook the stuff he eats.. hell no girl! You cook, and he appreciates that he has someone cooking for him! If he doesn`t like what you`ve made..tell him to make his own damn food!

Well, after 16 hour days he definitely deserves to be cooked what he likes. But he also HAS to eat like a million calories a day. He cant eat low cal food and live! lol
  • arw060310
    Options
    You don`t have to cook `low cal``, but you can cook HEALTHY. Put cheese, almonds and full fat dressing on the salad you are making low cal for yourself...bump it up for him. Leave the skin on HIS chicken..take it off of yours. Most healthy foods have a dressed up version..ways you can incorporate healthy calories into them so he has enough for sustinence. I have a 6 foot tall 14 year old son with a hollow leg. i do this for him all the time and it works well.

Haha a hollow leg. Love that term. I'm definitely going to try. But that man can eat and eat and eat. He's almost to the point where the Army might flag him for being not heavy enough. I told him to track his calories for a day and the average for a week was around 6,000 calories. It's completely insane
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    Thanks for all the opinions for sure. I know he is going to be picky and I already have started saying make your own if he does not like what I have made. I have a 5yr old to cook for too and thank goodness he is not that picky