Are "Friends" really that important?

Options
2»

Replies

• laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YES...............keeps me "plugged in"...............WE ARE PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE ;-))):flowerforyou:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It depends - are you an introvert, super private, already knows it all so you can do everything on your own loner type, or are you an extrovert who appreciates recognition, likes to mingle and share information, encouragement and moral support sort of person?

Not really a fair portrait of an introvert.

Actually, I was describing my son who also uses MFP and is an introverted loner type - he has no MFP friends except for me, and he's turned off his notifications so if I want to see his diary, I have to make a point to go look. He's perfectly happy with no 'fake' (as he calls them) friends. If there is a topic he wonders about, he does the research himself. He considers MFP a tool, nothing more.

I, on the other hand, am enjoying the social aspect. I love receiving the encouragement as well as giving it.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    i'm going to go with no, if you take a break the ****ers just delete you :happy:
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    that was f-u-c-k-e-r-s, i don't do stars.
  • senraq
    senraq Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the nice response. It seems that friends are making a big difference in the life of many people on this forum. I suppose I will add a few friends and experience the sensation for myself. Not sure how it works but look me up if your interested.

Sen