Sick & Starvation Mode

Options
I have been really sick lately and haven't been able to eat! I try to eat what I can but can barely finish a spoonful of yogurt and gingerale. Will my body go into starvation mode? I haven't consumed anything in about 3 days and I don't have an appetite.

Replies

• edward1973
    Options
    Your body normally goes into ketosis (starvation mode) depending on the person between 2-4 days - i honestly would not worry while your not well just focus on getting better and drink plenty fluids, when you can eat again your body will go back to normal
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, just listen to your body and you'll be fine. Try to stay hydrated but don't worry if you can't eat at the moment. If you do feel you can eat, try to eat little and often.

I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank You! For the the replies and well wishes. :flowerforyou: I have had some terrible allergic reactions and haven't been able to eat which isn't normal for me. :noway: I am so used to eating and since I haven't been able to eat it has me worried.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    drink plenty of fluids
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Your body normally goes into ketosis (starvation mode) depending on the person between 2-4 days - i honestly would not worry while your not well just focus on getting better and drink plenty fluids, when you can eat again your body will go back to normal

The difference from ketosis and starvation mode is that ketosis doesn't slow down your metabolism. If you want to talk about how ketosis works on the kreb cycle that's on you.

Ketosis uses up fat mostly for energy and brain function. Stravation mode and ketosis aren't the same thing.