Hello Everyone! I am a newbie!

I just joined MFP because I found it on a google search, and I thought it sounded worth trying out. I am 5'6 and I weigh 120 pounds. I am just trying to drop some weight, because I am not always comfortable with how I look. I don't believe in the starving mumbo jumbo, but I would love to cut down how much I eat. Also, does anyone know any good exercises that help lose the extra weight, and tighten up without gaining the bulky look? That would be much appreciated!

Replies

• Cardio i'm finding excellent for slimming down - i would recommend doing some weights for toning - but i couldnt recommend excersises - your gym would be able to offer some good 1-2-1 advice on your needs

welcome by the way :-)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Hi there. . .welcome to MFP. . it is a great place to come for support and information. . There are lots of nice people here, there are recipes. . . challenge groups and such. .

Honestly at your present weight I would say that some strength training would be in order rather than losing weight. .and as a woman. . you are not going to bulk up unless you are poppin steroids. . . We just don't have the testosterone that a man does. . .

So on that not there are a lot of exercises that you can do. . .
  • bode702
    bode702 Posts: 11
    Hi there. . .welcome to MFP. . it is a great place to come for support and information. . There are lots of nice people here, there are recipes. . . challenge groups and such. .

Honestly at your present weight I would say that some strength training would be in order rather than losing weight. .and as a woman. . you are not going to bulk up unless you are poppin steroids. . . We just don't have the testosterone that a man does. . .

So on that not there are a lot of exercises that you can do. . .

i agree. at 5'6" and 120 pounds, your BMI is at the low end of the healthy range. you definitely don't need to lose any weight, and you probably shouldn't.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I like cycling and yoga. I also have a dance video and a belly dancing video that I like. You can borrow videos from the library and try them out before you buy them.

If you want you can add me as a friend