Losing the baby weight

sandymartinez
sandymartinez Posts: 4
edited October 1 in Introduce Yourself
hello, I am a new mom to a beautiful baby girl. She is 11 weeks old and gaining weight like a champ. I on the other hand am not losing the baby weight as easily as I thought I would. Before I was pregnant I was really fit and happy with my body but now I have no time to exercise and am 18 lbs over my pre pregnancy weight. I would like to get close to what I was before so I will feel good about my body again and be able to wear my non pregnancy clothes ( yae I still wear my maternity clothing, sad I know) . I hope that counting calories helps and so I am using this program to do so.so I have found the my fitness pal to be easy to use and helpful for keeping track of my calories. I could however use some motivation and helpful hints from moms who have been or are where I am. thanks

Replies

• Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    First off congrats on the baby girl! I'm a mom to a boy and a girl 13 months apart. Are you breastfeeding? My daughter was born in Feb and I have already lost 50lbs which took care of my pre pre pregnancy weight. lol gl
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    A year ago I was in the same boat. I started exercising using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. This is great for new moms, in my opinion, for a number of reasons:

- Strength and cardio for fat burning and toning.
    - Only 20 minutes a day, which is all my daughter would allow me to do when she was 2-3 months old.
    - Eases you into exercising (or back into exercising) with it's short duration and the 3 level system.
    - Cheap to pick up and can do it in the comfort of your home.
  • Thank you! I m a proud momma.
    Yup I m breastfeeding, I think that is how I lost a few pounds so far. breastfeeding is going well and so I plan to continue for as long as I can and try and make that year marker. I hope tha it will work it's magic over that time period.

Yes20 min is probably all the time I can find to work out. I do have the 30 day shred. I will try and do that this week and see how she handles that.

Thanks for the info and ideas.
This discussion has been closed.