HELP!! I ate food that was too salty!

Options
Ok - so I think I'm pretty good at trying to eat healthy but I, unfortunately, got in trouble with trying to eat protein but it was salty, salty, salty! How do i get rid of the sodium bloat? Drink lots of water? Will going to the gym and sweating it out be quicker? I know the scale will reflect for a day or so but is there a way to move it along and get back to normal?

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'd increase your water intake for the next few days. Help to flush it out of your system a bit more. Avoid the scale for a couple of days too!!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I find that drinking more water and sweating helps....sometimes if my dinner was high in sodium/salt i bloat then I take a nice walk and sweat a bit it goes down. But yeah stay away from the scale for a few extra days.....I am struggling really hard with sodium intake.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree with increased water!!
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd increase your water intake for the next few days. Help to flush it out of your system a bit more. Avoid the scale for a couple of days too!!

I agree
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    fennel tea! it's a healthy and natural diuretic and you will shrink after drinking a few cups of it, i promise.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    fennel tea! it's a healthy and natural diuretic and you will shrink after drinking a few cups of it, i promise.

Ooohhh ... that's sounds good! Where can I find that?-
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i get mine at Wegmans (i don't know if you have that store where you live) and sometimes i'll see it in random health food stores. the brand is Traditional Medicinals, you can also get it on amazon if you can't find it in stores: http://amzn.com/B000EJR49W