IHOP

Options
I'm meeting some friends for breakfast at IHOP tommorrow. I never go there; what's healthy or reasonably healthy to get there?

Replies

• runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm meeting some friends for breakfast at IHOP tommorrow. I never go there; what's healthy or reasonably healthy to get there?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The database shows a few options for IHOP. Pancakes look to be a good way to go. :smile:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    An egg white omelet with lots of veggies (and you can ask them to use little or no butter/oil)...split a short stack of pancakes with your friends and order with no butter and sugar free syrup....you can still enjoy food without feeling deprived....my girlfriend and i always went to IHOP and they had no problem making a custom/healthy order for us :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I looooove IHOP!! I always ask for an eggbeater omelet (loaded w/ veggies, and watch the cheese in some of them too or else they load it in there! :grumble: ).

I love the Harvest Grain & nut pancakes and ask w/ no butter or syrup. (those are my favorite pancakes!)

As with most restaurants, they will make substitutions if you just ask!!

Jess
  • looovely_x3
    Options
    I haven't heard of it, have some cornflakes and a frappicino. have a nice breakfast, whatever you choose.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well whatever you do, don't walk in and just order a fruit cup. You'll just feel crabby the rest of the day that you didn't have anything tasty. Remember, the years shall run like rabbits...make the most of each minute!

If I were to go to iHop tomorrow, I'd order one or two harvest pancakes and some Eggbeaters. Or if I wanted fruit, one harvest pancake, a fruit cup, and Eggbeaters. Put the fruit on the pancake, drizzle with a bit of sugar free syrup, and YUM.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I want breakfast, I think EGGS!! :love: I have found you can ask almost anywhere for 'no grease'. They spray the pan with PAM and cook your eggs. I then get dry whole wheat toast and sliced tomatoes or grits. 300 or less calories

Coffee, ask for skim or lowfat milk.

I always feel satisfied and spend 300-500 cals depending on what I eat

Just that you are thinking ahead is great!!:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Something a lot of people did when I worked as a server at a breakfast bistro was get egg white omletes with light amount of cheese. Good luck & enjoy yourself!