Made it through day 3

Options
I've made it through day 3 - yay! I've been doing things by the book, making sure that I eat the full 1200 calories and drinking 8 glasses of water, and I am happy that I have had enough to eat and am not hungry. It's been interesting to see the breakdown of nutrition in my food diary, I always thought I ate too much carbs but it seems that I could eat more!

The only problem I am experiencing is a constant headache, which started yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping that this is just temporary and that it is just a sign that my body is adjusting to the lack of junk food... Can anybody reassure me that this is the case? I haven't cut out caffeine completely, as I didn't want my body to be deprived of everything it has enjoyed all at once, so there must be another reason...

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Congrats on surviving day 3. I've not changed my diet much, just using better portion control, so I have been lucky enough to not have any headaches. I think I've heard of such things if you are "used to" more sugar, salt, junk food and cut down on it.

Again, not positive, so maybe someone else can shed more light. I jsut wanted to say GOOD JOB so far and keep it up!
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    The first week I started I was super crabby and had headaches as well. I'm pretty sure it was because of the restrictions from high sugar/fat foods. And I also went from eat 2500 cals a day to 1200, which was very hard. I was always hungry and irritable. Eventually the 1200 cals. was just too hard for me than is switched in up to 1600 and I feel much better!

Congrats on making it to day 3!
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! :-)

I did wonder if it was my body's way of pleading for more calories, by based on 1200 I am only predicted to lose 0.7lbs a week and if I increase my allowance then it will take me forever to lose this weight! I think I'll give it another day or two and see what happens.